586,123 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > 10hp huanyang VFD problem

10hp huanyang VFD problem

I am posting here as a last resort for trying to get this VFD to work as expected and have read through and watched videos on everything I could find related to these VFD's. I have 240V 60hz single phase into it to power a 4kw 3 phase 60hz 4 pole 1740 rpm motor. It starts and idles fine and the amperage says 4.0 but as the load increases the amps go to 6.0 and around there the VFD quits with the E.Oc.n error (overcurrent at constant speed). I am fairly confident that I have everything set correctly (motor grounded, specs of motor put into PD141-4) and have setup a hitachi VFD for my lathe a few years ago. I got the 10hp size VFD because of the derating for single phase input so I think I should be fine with a VFD of this size to power the 4kw (5.3hp) motor. The motor powers my c41-40kg self contained pneumatic forging hammer so the torque requirements do change significantly as it goes from idling to hammering (here is a youtube clip of my hammer before it shipped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5dbRK-zfw).

Re: 10hp huanyang VFD problem

You may be seeing a current spike, I would try and get hold of a clamp on meter that gives you a peak and hold reading.
    You may also have been ahead by getting a Hitachi or up.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I dont have clamp meter and tried a dozen more times to get it to work, mostly changing the PD120. I came to the conclusion that either the unit is defective or it has the internals of a 3HP unit because it simply will not put out more that 6.3 amps or so when it should at some point read higher than that. So I will get a refund on it via paypal and just decided to get a Teco A510 after talking to the engineers at Teco.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    You may be seeing a current spike, I would try and get hold of a clamp on meter that gives you a peak and hold reading.
    You may also have been ahead by getting a Hitachi or up.
    Al.

Got the Teco (had to get the 20hp unit because the 15hp and 10hp were backordered for 2 months but I got a great price on the 20HP). Hooked it up and ran the auto-tune feature after putting in the motor specs. Ran great and no issue at full throttle. The amps were around 11 to 13 at full throttle. Now I just have to return the huanyang for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by 78sharpshooter View Post
    I dont have clamp meter and tried a dozen more times to get it to work, mostly changing the PD120. I came to the conclusion that either the unit is defective or it has the internals of a 3HP unit because it simply will not put out more that 6.3 amps or so when it should at some point read higher than that. So I will get a refund on it via paypal and just decided to get a Teco A510 after talking to the engineers at Teco.