Hi guys,

Its been a very loooong time since I have posted here. I'm about to purchase a manual lathe and mill. (Lathe: L141 | AL-320G Bench Lathe | For Sale Sydney Brisbane Melbourne Perth | Buy Workshop Equipment & Machinery online at machineryhouse.com.au Mill:M652 | MH-28V Mill Drill - Geared & Tilting Head | For Sale Sydney Brisbane Melbourne Perth | Buy Workshop Equipment & Machinery online at machineryhouse.com.au)
I want to buy a servo set-up to control 4 axis on a mill and 2 axis on the lathe that i can just make the mounts and plug and play with a Mach3 controller. I'm chasing a set-up with a fair bit of grunt (as i dont like taking fairy cuts), and don't mind having 3-phase converted / installed if need be.

I am in Australia (Prefer to deal within Australia), and am just wondering what kind of experiences you guys have had with different setups and what to stay clear of. I have read about some shocker eBay deals and I feel the need to stay well clear of eBay all together.

I'm also considering a servo spindle drive and want to know users experiences with these also.

The ways will be machined away and Linear/Box ways and ballscrews will be installed in its place.

Materials i will be working with will mostly be Cast Iron and Aluminium with bits of bronze, brass and titanium down the track.

Cheers Guys and thanks for the input in advance.