This is a reply I got from the guys at Lava.

Unfortunately Microsoft prevents modifying IO resources for all add-in PCI cards, and has done so since Windows 2000.

I've attached an slightly more in depth description of the issue and potential workarounds that can be done, however at the end of the day it sounds like the software you're using will never be able to find the Plasmacam when it is connected to an add in PCI card.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

- Nils

==========================================
Legacy I/O Addressing of Serial and Parallel Ports

As of Windows 2000 Microsoft removed any ability to modify the I/O Resources of Add-In PCI cards in order to increase system stability. There is actually nothing that we can do from our end to fix this issue since its a hard limitation of the Operating System.

Note: This doesn't mean that our cards won't work in newer versions of Windows, it just means that any older Hardware, or Software that assumes to find a Com or LPT Port at a fixed hardware address (i.e. 0x3f8, 0x2f8, etc) may be unable to locate the port in newer versions of Windows.

Potential workarounds to resolve the issue:

1. Contact the original hardware or software manufacturer using the port
– This is not a new issue and some manufacturers have addressed this issue through, free or paid, upgrades and patches.

2. Locate a system with an ISA Bus
- ISA Cards can be manually configured to use a legacy I/O Address by jumpering the card and are not effected by this issue.

3. Locate a system with a Serial or Parallel Port on the motherboard
- Ports on the motherboard are usually located at legacy addresses, and if not Microsoft does allow the modification of these port resources

4. Down grade the PC to an version of Windows prior to Windows 2000 (i.e. Win 95/98)