586,655 active members*
2,436 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone use a Robocutter CNC?

I want to get a larger machine than my current 12" x 12" machine. I've been looking at kits as although building one sounds great, something ready to put together although more pricey is better for me. There's a few places in the UK selling kits but I've come across RoboCutters and they sell a good sized kit almost 6' x 8' for about £3500. Just looking for some feedback if anyone has one on the kit, company and machine reliability/stability etc...

Anyone?

Thanks in anticipation

Re: Anyone use a Robocutter CNC?

also looking at robocutters UK. lack of vat information and there returns policy make me want to find out more from people who have purchased one of there kits..

Having had a further search of the net the kit is apparently quite flimsy. They have a VAT number listed on their eBay account but from what I've read so far I'm put off buying. Hoping someone has some good feedback but still searching for other options at the moment. A kit would be best for me although I might bite the bullet and try one of these mdf plans.

Did you ever buy a machine from RoboCutter I have found them online and seriously looking at buying a 1m x1m machine UK based is a plus for me as if it comes down to it can drive to their location. Any feedback gratefully received.

£1200 investment seems value for money

I bought one from him years ago. It took him 6 months to deliver. The electronics were complete rubbish and he wouldn't refund his words "there is no money to refund". I gave the machine away as it was more of a toy than a machine.

My advice would be save the money and do a full diy build using supported or square rail. An mdf or plywood made machine would actually be more rigid than any of the robocutter machines.