586,692 active members*
3,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Starting a new business would like your advice

Hello everyone, my name is Christian from Peru I recently found out about this website and it seems to be the right place to look for help on this matter.
    My partner and I are looking to start a business to cut architectural models materials such as MDFoam, plywood, acrylics, etc.
    The thickness Im thinking of should be around:
    • Acrylics: 12mm
    • MDF: 7mm
    • Plywood: 8mm

The work area of the machines I've seen using around the area are around 1600x1000mm.

We are going for a imported machine from China as our budget is limited for now, maybe in the future if our new business goes well we can aim for a higher quality and more expensive machine from another Country.

The power we have been quoted for our requeriment is 100W, would you recommend it for use? I would like any suggestions on what to look for on this kind of machines as we are pretty new to this industry.

Any tips or advice on what to look for is welcome, any brands you would recommend or accesories we should get.

Thank you in advance for any replies, you would help us a lot.

Christian

Re: Starting a new business would like your advice

Not clear if that's the spindle power or the movement system. Whichever, it seems far too low for me, I would have thought you would need at least half a horsepower for the spindle, which is 375 watts, and more would be better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That 100W is for the RECI laser tube, should i request for a higher power tube?

Hello Christian, this is Nolan from ThunderLaser, hope my suggestion can help you.
    1. acrylic 12mm, MDF 7mm and plywood 8mm, I think 100 watt laser tube is ok, it can cut these materials.
    and you also can download our parameter for different materials from our website.
    download - Thunderlaser

2. about the laser tube, RECI laser is really very famous, but every brand has defective and good product, we test different brand of laser tubes, SPT, EFR, SP, RECI etc, and SPT laser tube is more stable these days. so I will recommend SPT laser tube for you.
    and the main technical engineer left RECI company recently, you should think of it whether RECI laser is still a good choice.
    Have a nice day.

Hello,Dear Mr.Christian,This is alex from China,JINAN SUDIAO CNC Manufacture.
    Your idea is very good,i think there is many company want this,and by laser machine,it is very easy to make part,then just need Assembly.
    1.Laser power:100W is enough,But same as Nolan said,RECI company has some problem rencently,Almost most company has change laser tube brand,We use Aifear,Price is same as RECI,Quality also same,and use for a long time.
    2.If you make mass process,i suggest you use double head.That is a good way to reduce the time.
    Other is mostly same,If you need,I can give you a quote,Waiting for your early reply

Christian, 100W laser tube is fine for these cutting;
    Acrylics: 12mm
    MDF: 7mm
    Plywood: 8mm
    But If you cut acrylic12mm every day non-stop 12+hours, you better purchase a 130W laser tube.

- If you work in Lima city or some other around Desert place. I suggest you purchase a CW5000 water chiller for your 100W laser machine. Most suppliers standard equipped CW3000 chiller for 100W laser tube. CW3000 to CW5000 will cost you around 200-300usd more. Cost not much, but it is a insurance.
    - You need a blade(Knife) table, This table suit for all your materials. Special acrylic cutting, this table will not cause bad effects on acrylic by the reflected laser.
    - I suggest you buy one more laser tube extra for a back up. Otherwise when you need to replace your tube, you should wait at least 20 days even you ship it by air. That is a long time stop for working, biggg waste.
    - There is a special trade agreement between Peru and China. This is a good way for saving your import cost. I don't know much about the import tax in Peru. But I think it will help you some more or less. You can find some professional import agent and ask from them. Note, you should ask your supplier give you a CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN FORM for Peru and China Trade Agreement.
    - As for laser tubes. Reci is good, other brands( EFR, CDWG etc.) also ok.

Justin
    A nice guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Justinyin View Post
    Christian, 100W laser tube is fine for these cutting;
    Acrylics: 12mm
    MDF: 7mm
    I suggest you buy one more laser tube extra for a back up. Otherwise when you need to replace your tube, you should wait at least 20 days even you ship it by air. That is a long time stop for working, biggg waste.
    - There is a special trade agreement between Peru and China. This is a good way for saving your import cost. I don't know much about the import tax in Peru. But I think it will help you some more or less. You can find some professional import agent and ask from them. Note, you should ask your supplier give you a CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN FORM for Peru and China Trade Agreement.
    - As for laser tubes. Reci is good, other brands( EFR, CDWG etc.) also ok.

Justin
    Will you warranty this extra tube after the shelf life. I have heard many stories where people bought an extra tube only to find out that it lost it's charge and the warranty is over so you still have to order a new one for extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Will you warranty this extra tube after the shelf life. I have heard many stories where people bought an extra tube only to find out that it lost it's charge and the warranty is over so you still have to order a new one for extra money.
    people with different ideas on this issue. option A or B both fine, I prefer choose non-stop working option. Maybe 3 days profits equal a laser tube cost.
    A nice guy!

- If you work in Lima city or some other around Desert place. I suggest you purchase a CW5000 water chiller for your 100W laser machine. Most suppliers standard equipped CW3000 chiller for 100W laser tube. CW3000 to CW5000 will cost you around 200-300usd more. Cost not much, but it is a insurance.
    - You need a blade(Knife) table, This table suit for all your materials. Special acrylic cutting, this table will not cause bad effects on acrylic by the reflected laser.
    - I suggest you buy one more laser tube extra for a back up. Otherwise when you need to replace your tube, you should wait at least 20 days even you ship it by air. That is a long time stop for working, biggg waste.

Justin
    I would like to thank everyone for their replies, it’s a lot of help for us that are new to this industry.

So we are now requesting a CW5000 water chiller for our quotes, but when it comes to the table they offer blade and honeycomb what would be your recommendation for our use in arch. models in MDF, acrylics and plywood?

Also some suppliers offer red dot and autofocus, is this a must for the machine or you wouldn’t recommend it that much?

Thanks in advance.

Christian

people with different ideas on this issue. option A or B both fine, I prefer choose non-stop working option. Maybe 3 days profits equal a laser tube cost.
    But if the tube is bad then you are in the same place as not ordering one to start with. There are other places to get tubes that don't take as long. Just sounds like you are pushing to get more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I would like to thank everyone for their replies, it’s a lot of help for us that are new to this industry.

So we are now requesting a CW5000 water chiller for our quotes, but when it comes to the table they offer blade and honeycomb what would be your recommendation for our use in arch. models in MDF, acrylics and plywood?

Also some suppliers offer red dot and autofocus, is this a must for the machine or you wouldn’t recommend it that much?

Thanks in advance.

Christian
    The blade table good for MDF, acrylic and plywood cutting. Honeycomb much more suit for leather, paper, cloth cutting.(Soft materials)
    Red dot is a good function. Autofocus don't have much necessary in my opinion.

Good Luck!

Justin
    A nice guy!

But if the tube is bad then you are in the same place as not ordering one to start with. There are other places to get tubes that don't take as long. Just sounds like you are pushing to get more money.
    A nice guy!

bingo!

Justinyin, the question asked wasn't asking about any options, opinions or number of days. it is a yes/no question, which means the answer can be either "yes, we warranty spare tubes for X month" or " there is no warranty".
    your smiling reply however puts everything in perspective.

Hello everyone, my name is Christian from Peru I recently found out about this website and it seems to be the right place to look for help on this matter.
    My partner and I are looking to start a business to cut architectural models materials such as MDFoam, plywood, acrylics, etc.
    The thickness Im thinking of should be around:
    • Acrylics: 12mm
    • MDF: 7mm
    • Plywood: 8mm

The work area of the machines I've seen using around the area are around 1600x1000mm.

We are going for a imported machine from China as our budget is limited for now, maybe in the future if our new business goes well we can aim for a higher quality and more expensive machine from another Country.

The power we have been quoted for our requeriment is 100W, would you recommend it for use? I would like any suggestions on what to look for on this kind of machines as we are pretty new to this industry.

Any tips or advice on what to look for is welcome, any brands you would recommend or accesories we should get.

Thank you in advance for any replies, you would help us a lot.

Christian

Dear Christian,

Nice day! Glad to see you here! I guess if you are the Mr. Christian which have a skype named "kel"? We would like to quote you a best cost perfermance 1610-100W Co2 laser cutting machine for you, it's suitable to meet your cutting requirement and price very competitive. The price will within USD3500 for Reci laser tube, please kindly send us your email adress and you will get the quotation details.

Looking forward to your reply dear.

Best&Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd
    Office 1401, Building B3, Wanda Plaza, Economic & Technology Development Zone, Wuhan, China
    Tel:400-027-1897 Fax:027-84618501
    Mobile: +86-15527861820(Whatsapp Available)
    Web:www.eetomachinery.com
    E-Mail:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by agrasyuk View Post
    bingo!

Justinyin, the question asked wasn't asking about any options, opinions or number of days. it is a yes/no question, which means the answer can be either "yes, we warranty spare tubes for X month" or " there is no warranty".
    your smiling reply however puts everything in perspective.
    @fixtureman1 @agrasyuk

Wow, you two brothers want me to reveal everything, lol~

Ok, about laser tube warranty.
    Most suppliers will give warranty for laser tube. ( if guys say no warranty, you should leave him far away). Generally, they will give 6 month or 10 months warranty for tubes. This is according from the laser tube factory. (e.g.) Reci tube factory, they give 10 months for their laser tubes. Normally, the machine supplier would give you 10 months or 9 months warranty.
    A nice guy!

CNC ZONE is a good forum, you really can get some good suggestions from other user.(wedge)

And when does the warranty start the day that is stamped on the tube or the day you put it into service?

Thank you for the replies, we've narrowed it down to 2 options based on your suggestions.

Does anyone have any suggestions to deal with the smoke/smells in a small office, we are worried about complains from surrounding ofifces about this, we have a small to medium window on the 2.5x6meters office.

Thanks

Thank you for the replies, we've narrowed it down to 2 options based on your suggestions.

Does anyone have any suggestions to deal with the smoke/smells in a small office, we are worried about complains from surrounding ofifces about this, we have a small to medium window on the 2.5x6meters office.

Thanks
    Dear Christian,

Please don't worry about that, our standard configuration include a smoke sucker, which can put 95% more smoke out of the room. What's more, what we use for our CO2 laser machine are steady material, so there are little noisy with the Cover lid.

Welcome to send me your other questions.

Best&Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd
    Office 1401, Building B3, Wanda Plaza, Economic & Technology Development Zone, Wuhan, China
    Tel:400-027-1897 Fax:027-84618501
    Mobile: +86-15527861820(Whatsapp Available)
    Web:www.eetomachinery.com
    E-Mail:[email protected]