My HY inverter blew in when I pluged it in one day.. So, I bought a new Hitachi WJ200 tor replace it. I think I did everything by the book and I have everything right. 10g cord from the dryer outlet. Class J 30a fuses. A hrl030 AC reactor. All 10g supply wires and 14g grounds in a star pattren and grounded to the cold water pipe, All in a large plastic enclosure. The vfd cable is a 16g igus chaninflex cable. The spindle measures 1.2 Ohms between terminals and is not grounding to the spindle.. I also added the missing ground to the spindle. There is no shorts in the cable or measurable resistance between ends of the cable

I set up the VFD with minimum settings A001=2 A002=2 A003=400 A004=400 A082=240 B012 =8 and H004 =2. I hit the run button and It trips at about 350hz pullaing 8.2 amps. The spindle sounds ...not right above 200hz. If I turn the spindle by hand the bearings feel smooth and tight, just like it did when it was new.

I assumed the HY VFD let out the magic smoke because of an inrush of current when I plugged it in, It was working fine for about 60 hours before. Is my thinking correct?

Where should I be looking first? The VFD or the spindle? Am I missing anything obvious? I'm out of ideas and google-fu.

Jay