Let me start by saying that I admittedly know very little about post processors and g-code, yes I should know more but it will take a bit of time for me. I do however have quite a few close friends that are very well versed in this area and having been doing this for 20-30 years and are always willing to help me out. This was the case last night.

I loaded in PP and right away had problems with programs that I ran just the day before with no issues. What I don't understand is how Tormach can say that if a processor worked in Mach3 that it will work with PP, when at least in my case, it did not work without modifying the processor quite a bit. I'm using Bobcam for Solidworks V4 and Tormach can say whatever they want about it, but there were no issues with it in Mach, in fact my buddy looked through many of my programs and said that Bobcam was spitting out code exactly as it should be and all the problems he found were within PP itself

He did get my processor modified to where it would work but had to change it so that it was tricking it into working, most of the issues were to do with cutter comp, for some reason PP except they Bobcam calculates lead in's and out's. Again, I never had a issue with Mach3 and in the end I had to load Mach back in because I need to get work done and even though he got the post working, I can't risk something not working In the middle of a job and waiting until my buddy gets home to come over and check It out.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Tormach or PP, I think the interface is great and once all issues are resolved I can't wait until I can run it.

My question is, is anyone else having issues with their post processors and if so, what are the issues? I have looked on the issue tracker and I don't see any of the problems I'm having and I'm curious to see if it is bobcam, but like I said code looks fine and I never had one single problem with Mach and the stock Tormach post they provide was never modified before

and like I said, I'm no bashing anyone I just am trying to see if others have similar issues. I would hate to find out that PP will not function correctly with Bobcam even after it is fully released

Thanks
Kyle