Hello all,

I've been a member for years and posted a build thread when I built my CNC awhile back. It never occurred to me to see if there was an instrument forum here. Lo and behold, there is!

Well I've been using my CNC to build all sorts of things since I "finished" it (they're never really done, are they?). The latest one is using it to help me build a replica or tribute or ... i don't know, homage? ... Here's the basic jist...

This specific build is very important to me as an enormous fan of Eric Clapton. I'm going to attempt to replicate the 1964 Gibson ES-335 that Eric bought in that same year.

There will be a lot of challenges along the way, but my hope is to pay homage to a man who has been a very large influence on my life both in music and in lifestyle. This is my attempt to share the impact Eric has had on my life and that his intention to be a good steward of the Blues has certainly been a success to my ears.

I started this in november and have been filming every single minute of the build as I go from testing processes to cutting project parts to fixing errors and remaking mistakes. It's not a short series, by any stretch. My main goal in all this filming is to show the ENTIRE process - not just skip over from one success to the next. I'm not a teacher, I'm not really a luthier. I'm learning - and you're watching that as I go. This whole build is a big challenge for me but it's fun and I love all the lessons I'm learning. It just so happens I'm walking out to the shop and hitting record...

Today, part 21 posted ... I post a new episode every week and if folks don't mind, i'd like to keep updating this thread as new episodes come out. I'll have questions along the way and maybe you guys can help guide me through my struggles. Here's today's video:

And if you're really looking for some time to kill - here's a link to the playlist up to this point: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...itEaGnWq5BTfWa

If it weren't for this place, I wouldn't have my CNC - and i wouldn't have the capability to build this guitar - so thank you for being a great community. I lurk 99% of the time and absorb the stuff that gets posted and my hope is that some of this will contribute to the wealth of information this forum offers. Thanks for watching!