Hi I am a new member and I am currently building a new 2019 mill.

I have had a CNC router for a few years and I decided to find a nice little mill to make my RC heli & quad parts mainly in aluminium. I am an engineer by trade and use Solidworks and Featurecam daily.

See the pics below for the rough SolidWorks layout of what I am planning on building.

I have designed the enclosure with bracing the Z column in mind and to house the large electrical cabinet and my silent compressor below.

I plan to use the following for the build most of which I have already.

Gecko G540 for the drivers ( Reuse from old router )
CSMIO/IP-M 4-axis Ethernet Motion Controller & mpeg module ( Still to buy )
MEAN WELL SP-320-48 PSU for the motors ( Bought)
Stepper Motors, 4 Wires, 1.26nm, 2.5 V, Inductance/Phase (mH) 2.5 ( Still to buy )
Schneider Zelio PLC or 2 with HMI screen/s because I have them ( to show rpm, Limit switches, and control axis and steps for the mpeg )
Inductive RPM pickup ( have lots of sensors so will pick one )
Inductive limit switches ( have lots of nice flat sensors )
Mister ( still researching )
Oldham Couplings ( bought thanks to Lester at MEDW top bloke! )
24v LED strip lights around the front angled in at 45 degrees ( got a few laying around )
MGF sil-eol 24/50 gf silent compressor ( had it a few years unused till now )

Well thats most of the plans outlined.

Hi I have started the enclosure build the pics are below.

At this point I would like to thank my friend Scott for helping me get the enclosure parts and the laser cutting etc. Top man

So to start it all off I have started my enclosure.

The enclosure was all drawn in SolidWorks so I could check dimensions, plan and produce an accurate bill of materials.

The enclosure is 40x40 Bosch Rexroth aluminium profile *( apart from the column brace uprights which are 40 x 80 ) and all of the brackets are designed by me and laser cut from 3mm ali. The wheel base plates and the rear column brace is 3mm stainless steel.

All of the aluminium profile cut to size as delivered.

mmmmmmm T-Nuts

Some of the laser cut L-Brackets

Some of the laser cut T-Brackets

The laser cut stainless steel caster base plates

The stainless steel column brace plate

One or two M8x16 bolts *:shock:

The castors fitted on the plates. Each castor is rated at 90KG load and is swivel and wheel braked

The base before squaring up and final tightening

The base all square and tightened up

The base all square and tightened up.

Column support parts laid out

Column support assembled

Entire upper rear assembly

Added lower braces temporarily

Door frames

The main work top and lower shelf should be here Monday so weather permitting I should be able to cut and fit these Monday night.