586,375 active members*
3,338 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Rhino 3D > Rhino 5 on Thinkpad X230 - Can't zoom

Rhino 5 on Thinkpad X230 - Can't zoom

Hi,

I just tried out Rhino 5 on my Thinkpad X230 (totally sweet machine btw, if you don't consider the resolution (1366x768) which might be a bit cramped for rhino)

One big problem: zooming with the trackpoint and scroll-button does not work. When pressed the mouse pointer showes a scroll symbol just as it should, but the view does not zoom. Ctrl + right mouse does make it zoom tough.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

This problem is not with Rhino, it's the drivers for the trackpoint. Others with Thinkpads have had these problems with other programs.

(Admin, I can't find the "Edit Post" button so I just made a reply)

Re: Rhino 5 on Thinkpad X230 - Can't zoom

In spite of the Intel integrated GPU, I have done a lot of Rhino3D on an X200 before I got a W540.

I can't imagine the frustration I would feel trying to do any CAD/Design/Photoshop with a trackpad, but if you persist, there is are zoom icons in the "Standard" tool bar, across the top of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaEM View Post
    In spite of the Intel integrated GPU, I have done a lot of Rhino3D on an X200 before I got a W540.

I can't imagine the frustration I would feel trying to do any CAD/Design/Photoshop with a trackpad, but if you persist, there is are zoom icons in the "Standard" tool bar, across the top of the screen.
    Trackpad would be a pain yes, but on the road I find that the trackpoint is sufficient(I guess it's a matter of personal taste ). I tend to zoom in and out alot while rotating so using gui buttons would be to much of a hassle. Since I created the thread I have been using a regular mouse with rhino.

Thanks for replying! Cheers