587,048 active members*
2,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CamBam / Path Pilot Post processor

I didn't like the stock LinuxCNC or Mach Post's... so I modified up an old one that I did like and tweaked it a bit for Path pilot...
    I just figured I would share if anyone wants it...

• made Min Arc Length = 0.0008 so any arc smaller than that will just be a straight line, thereby avoiding Path Pilots annoying "arc too small" errors... and 0.0008 is pretty short, you shouldn't even be notice that it is a line and not an arc...
    • uses M998 for tool change
    • added G43 Hxx for tool change... I have no clue why it wasn't there in the stock linuxcnc Post... seems like a pretty major oversight... really screwed up the part I was attempting to mill...
    • m8/m9 is hard coded... until I can figure out how to toggle coolant from with CamBam
    • FIXED - I had a final M998 at the end of the gcode to get the spindle out of the way when done, but it never ran as the M30 came before it.. so fixed this...

admittedly, editing the post for CamBam is pretty simple as it is just a text file, and I don't know how many Path Pilot users also use CamBam, so not sure there would be all that many people interested in this, but figured might as well post it...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: CamBam / Path Pilot Post processor

SomeWhat

Thanks for the update. As I have said I used CamBam a lot with mach3 and now I can use it again with Path Pilot.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
    I didn't like the stock LinuxCNC or Mach Post's... so I modified up an old one that I did like and tweaked it a bit for Path pilot...
    I just figured I would share if anyone wants it...

• made Min Arc Length = 0.0008 so any arc smaller than that will just be a straight line, thereby avoiding Path Pilots annoying "arc too small" errors... and 0.0008 is pretty short, you shouldn't even be notice that it is a line and not an arc...
    • uses M998 for tool change
    • added G43 Hxx for tool change... I have no clue why it wasn't there in the stock linuxcnc Post... seems like a pretty major oversight... really screwed up the part I was attempting to mill...
    • m8/m9 is hard coded... until I can figure out how to toggle coolant from with CamBam
    • FIXED - I had a final M998 at the end of the gcode to get the spindle out of the way when done, but it never ran as the M30 came before it.. so fixed this...

admittedly, editing the post for CamBam is pretty simple as it is just a text file, and I don't know how many Path Pilot users also use CamBam, so not sure there would be all that many people interested in this, but figured might as well post it...
    how is this loaded into cambam? In other words, how do I get the file inside cambam?

Thanks,

it has been a while since I used cambam or my mill, I blame Fallout 4...
    but if I remember correctly it is as simple as placing the file in cambam's Post Processor folder, I forget the actual name, but I vaguely remember it made sense... and there will be other posts in there too... should be obvious...
    and then when cambam starts up it automatically looks in that folder to get a list of available posts, then it is as simple as selecting the post you want to use from within cambam...
    NOTE:As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists.