586,125 active members*
3,115 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Milacron T-10 Acramatic 950 (Hard reset \ Cold start)

Cincinnati Milacron T-10 Acramatic 950 (Hard reset \ Cold start)

Hi,

I recall doing a procedure on our machine years ago known as a hard reset or cold start. On the BOH (Bus overhead board) in the I/O cabinet there is four switches and a reset button. The process involved switching over at least 1 of the switches from off to on and then pressing the reset while restarting the machine I believe. Does anyone have this process documented? I think it may be located in the Control Maintenance Manual for the Acramatic 950 which I unfortunately do not have.

Thanks, Dave

Re: Cincinnati Milacron T-10 Acramatic 950 (Hard reset \ Cold start)

Dave,

Hitting the reset button on the BOH while the control is up and running, I would consider a hard reset. Starting the control normally would be a cold reset in my book. If you turn on the #1 switch and hit reset you will get into TOOLBOX.

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Thanks Mike,

I was having problems booting up the machine. It has resolved itself for now. With the hard reset, what exactly will it do to the machine? Force a software reload? What if anything in the control memory will be erased?

thanks,

Dave

I would not hard reset the control on a everyday bases, it is used mostly for service. I would not reset the control in the middle of the software loading, it could drop some files. If you are having problems starting the control normally you should fix the problem.

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Thanks Mike,

We appreciate the help. I will definitely look into it closer should it occur again.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by NEC View Post
    The process involved switching over at least 1 of the switches from off to on and then pressing the reset while restarting the machine I believe. Does anyone have this process documented?

Thanks, Dave
    Hi Dave,

No, Docs but, we had a Cincinnati 5 axis 950MC just last week with some odd problems.
    We used SW4 ON with SW123 OFF pushed Reset button and it fixed the problems. I think that is a Hard Reset setting.

Happy Trails,
    DW