586,178 active members*
3,363 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > 85 mori sl-2h and mastercam issues (new to this machine with this software and lost)

85 mori sl-2h and mastercam issues (new to this machine with this software and lost)

This machine and the negative x has me lost. Im trying to do a radiused front end and not getting much done. The software post in a positive x which I have to change to negative, otherwise the machine is on the wrong side of the centerline. Using G03 it looks like it's trying to do an inverted radius which makes me wonder if I'm supposed to change the r value to a negative so r center is on the right side of the work. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 85 mori sl-2h and mastercam issues (new to this machine with this software and lo

Ya, switch that sucker over to positive X. Not terribly hard to do, and only very minimal re-wiring. Post the control type and ill post the tech bulletin.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Ya, switch that sucker over to positive X. Not terribly hard to do, and only very minimal re-wiring. Post the control type and ill post the tech bulletin.
    The controller is a fanuk 11t. Sorry it took so long. The place is my second job so I work weekends there.

Re: 85 mori sl-2h and mastercam issues (new to this machine with this software and lo

if you want to just fix the code, you need to reverse X and G02/G03 as well. Leave R as-is.
    so if you have G02 X100.0 Z-5.0 R5.0
    it needs to be changed to G03 X-100.0 Z-5.0 R5.0
    if you are using I/K for arc center, reverse the sign of I only.
    In Mastercam the POST is pretty easy to change. You can just fix that and the code will be good to go as-is.