I knocked out a few of the cutout cover panels I'll be using the last couple of days. Since I'll be making several, I knocked up a simple fixture from 1/4" plate so each one isn't a custom job. All the engraving and critical features are made on the top side along with profiling the outer edge after the screws are secured to the fixture. Makes producing them a little easier. All work co-ordinates are based on the fixture not the stock. The backs are relieved in depth to between 0.035" to 0.075" depending on what the items need. That I just line up by eye as nothing is really critical dimension or clearance-wise back there. The holes for the RJ-45 keystone passthroughs were the tightest margin, but they worked out nicely with a tight fit the first time, just a bit of filing in the corners needed. That saved around $13.00 since the round-hole passthroughs on Amazon were twice as expensive as those square ones I found at Lowes.

"Master Enable" is just a switch in the E-Stop circuit line. If it's switched off then the machine is in the same state as E-Stop and can't power up. Originally I was going to put that inline with the enable signal from the controls but I like this better. The other way LinuxCNC would not be aware of the condition. This way it will keep the fault light lit, and keep all the gear, even the contactor, powered off.

The machine cabinet board wiring is done now. What remains is connections to the panel connectors. The last bit of HAL file work is setting up for switch speed control between high and low gear. A MUX component will be used to route the right limit and curve correction output to the PWM input pin based on the High / Low selection (1 / 0). This could easily be made a physical switch on the mill, or even an automatic selection based on a photo sensor if I get really ambitious down the road. This way allowed minimum and maximum RPM will be tied to the gear selected and be properly represented on-screen and to the speed control PWM.

I noticed I had not posted a photo of the control cabinet with the metal bezels installed. So here we go. First picture is what it looks like with an MX4660 fault, or EStop, or power loss. The second is with all systems green and machine enabled.