586,801 active members*
6,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 7 123

Hybrid View

Home Built Edm Machine

Dear friend
    have u built this machine from plans/ books available only from three legends on this planet?
    1. Fleming
    2.langlosis
    3. Dan Mauch
    Pl. share your comments
    sanjiv(group)

Hi Sanjiv, Did you get the plans of the EDM I emailed to you a week or two back? If not, let me have your email address againand I'll resend them.
    Ian.

hi kindly send me an edm plan with high voltage production in edm thanks

I would love a copy if you don't mind.

Thanks,

David

[email protected]

Re: Home Built Edm Machine

I've been looking for EDM Plans

Can you plz send me the plans?

my email is :- [email protected]

Thanks.

Would it be possible you could send those plans to me just to have a look at.

Thanks in advance

Bent

I would be interested in looking at those plans as well.. if not too much trouble could I be a recepient as well....

cheers
    emmkay

Hi bent and emkay, I haven't managed to work out how to attach anything to this forum yet, otherwise I'd attach them. The best I can do is to get your email address and I'll send them to you direct.
    If someone can give me a bit of a "show me" I'll be able to contribute on a broader spectrum.
    "one picture is worth a thousand words".
    When I hit the small box above to attach a picture I get a box pop up that says "please enter url of your image"
    What's that in English?
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    When I hit the small box above to attach a picture I get a box pop up that says "please enter url of your image"

Ian.
    Not sure where you are here, Ian, but if I want to send a pic, go to "Advanced".
    You get the usual sort of type-in window, but with possibility of inserting icons etc., and lower down is "additional options".
    Click on "manage attachments" - this opens a window where you can add several.
    You just browse for the location of your picture in your own files.
    When you find it, click on it to get the location into one of the small windows, then hit the "upload" button.
    Then use the "preview" button to check all is well, then "submit".
    If the pic is too big, you'll be told, so you have to make the original file smaller, then go through the process again.
    Hope this helps.
    John
    It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.
    Enjoy today's problems, for tomorrow's may be worse.

Yeah, sounds interesting, I would like to have a squiz at that too !!!

The thought of blasting steel away with electricity sounds like a great way to spend a quiet Sunday

If you don't have any luck posting on the forum email it to me and I can have a go.

Russell.

Hi John, where do I find "advanced"?
    Ian.

If you look beside the post quick reply button under where you type, you will see Go Advanced, click on that and it gives you more options, there will be a box with additional options under where you type, with a button named manage attachments, click on that and you will have another box popup that you will be able to browse and upload you pics...

Good Luck.

Russell.

dear ian
    i searched a lot to my email box. i couldt found any trace of this plan. my email address is " [email protected] " pl send them, i will load the same on CNC Zone.

I build one

Dear friends: years ago I build a type Lazarenko machine, it runs ok but I want to optimize or reform it for its better performance, and I wonder if you can send me sketch of your circuits. I can send you mines, if you like. It would be grateful to me to share it. Thanks a lot. A hug, and sorry my grammar, I’m not American: Luis Blaugen.

EDM

Does any body know of an inexpensive EDM already made. I am making injection molding molds

I am handy I could probably make one given good plans.
    looking to spend less than ten less is better.

Thanks

FWIW, I am in the process of building one of Fleming's designs.

A bore-you-to-tears, more-than-you-wanna-know type of build log about it is here for those of you who are insanely curious.

Also, a bibliography on the subject is included here - I would appreciate your help knowing about anything not mentioned on that page. Anyone have any specifics on the Russian book mentioned earlier in this thread, like author, # of pages, pub date, etc? Where to get it?
    "72.6 per cent of all statistics are made up on the spot." - Steven Wright

Hi Ian,
    Russell's given you the final step, so I look forward to seeing the set up.
    Sounds interesting enough to add the the ever increasing number of projects........ !
    John
    It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.
    Enjoy today's problems, for tomorrow's may be worse.

Here goes for better or worse...
    Ian.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Page - 1.jpg   Page - 2.jpg   Page - 3.jpg   Page - 4.jpg  

Page - 5.jpg   Page - 7.jpg   Page - 6.jpg  

could you email to me as pdf...vry interested and would appreciate the knowledge!
    Jimbo

[email protected]

Cool

Having run both sinker and wire EDM's on the job... I can tell you it would NOT be a simple task to build a wire machine of more than 2 axis (basically a wire band saw...)

Sinker machines however can be made rather simple.

I am building Ben Flemmings design currently for my own use. It is about as simple as it gets. Well not as simple as Jon Elson's (the pico-systems link posted earlier), but it is rather self contained if you consider the tank/pump as a seperate unit.

Page 1 of 7 123