586,679 active members*
2,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

laser cut engrave 3.3 issue

Last year i bought 2 x STORM 500 laser engraving machines from WKLASER and have been very impressed with the machines in general for the money paid. i have previously purchased an LC6090 from WKLASER 7 years ago and is still running like a dream (ok have changed lots of bits) but has cherned out a lot of work during this time.

Anyway, i have a really annoying issue with the software on the STORM500 machines in that when i type any text into the text edit box such as 'TEST TEST TEST' what is then laid onto the screen is'TESTTESTTEST' with no spaces...

Have spent a lot of time asking WKLASER what is going on as this does not happen with lasercut 5.3 on my LC6090 but they are saying this is normal.. which obviously cannot be as the software is designed as it is a major pain.

Also, i cannot rotate any imported artwork (.bmp) which is not the end of the world but can be annoying.

Has anyone else come across these issue's???

Much apprecaite any replies as i want to purchase more machines from WKLASER but will not until this issue is resolved.

Many Thanks

Re: laser cut engrave 3.3 issue

this probably needs to be in proper forum section for you to get more meaningfull replies.

i do own a storm500 as well for three weeks now and use the same very software as well. used PHCAD on my previous machine which is quite similar. I find those editors very limited so all the text and all the actual drawing i do in autoCAD and only use laser software to import the DXF and set power for layers. so my suggestion is to use a better editor, there are open source CAD programs out there if budget is a consern. even MS visio (it can save in DXF) is a better editor .