586,416 active members*
3,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question 8040T Help required please...

Hi Folks, I've picked up a 2003 Gate Eclipse ECL-460 which is a re-branded Buffalo Machine Tools - Microcut BNC-1840 CNC lathe with a Fagor 8040T control. Just piped and wired the machine up, and upon firing this baby up we are unable to get servos active. Error code 2000: indicating PLC power off. The LED's and error code displays on the boxes in the rear cabinet do not illuminate unless we manually actuate the main large relays, and then when this is done all the boxes display zeros on the digital displays. I have spent a full night googling and searched through all the Fagor 8040 manuals and can't find any info on the hardware in the rear box, ie PLC? & servo/motor drive units. Non of the manuals seem to have info on the single digit display that is on these boxes in the rear cabinet. The front panel houses an admittedly weedy 25Mhz PowerPC with 1Mb memory and combined CCU, but the problem seems to originate from the rear box. This machine has been seen running, so we know it works, but Fagor manuals seem to omit any trouble shooting information relating to back box. Looking up the error code 2000 in the manual merely states there may be a loss of power to the PLC due to E-stop buttons possibly being pressed, when they have all been reset. Microcut's website will not allow me to login to access technical info even though it accepted my registration. Can anyone point me in the direction of manuals which can help troubleshoot the error codes shown on the units in the rear box? Or indeed help problem solve... Thanks guys, John

Re: 8040T Help required please...

Quote Originally Posted by ShawJohn View Post
    Hi Folks, I've picked up a 2003 Gate Eclipse ECL-460 which is a re-branded Buffalo Machine Tools - Microcut BNC-1840 CNC lathe with a Fagor 8040T control. Just piped and wired the machine up, and upon firing this baby up we are unable to get servos active. Error code 2000: indicating PLC power off. The LED's and error code displays on the boxes in the rear cabinet do not illuminate unless we manually actuate the main large relays, and then when this is done all the boxes display zeros on the digital displays. I have spent a full night googling and searched through all the Fagor 8040 manuals and can't find any info on the hardware in the rear box, ie PLC? & servo/motor drive units. Non of the manuals seem to have info on the single digit display that is on these boxes in the rear cabinet. The front panel houses an admittedly weedy 25Mhz PowerPC with 1Mb memory and combined CCU, but the problem seems to originate from the rear box. This machine has been seen running, so we know it works, but Fagor manuals seem to omit any trouble shooting information relating to back box. Looking up the error code 2000 in the manual merely states there may be a loss of power to the PLC due to E-stop buttons possibly being pressed, when they have all been reset. Microcut's website will not allow me to login to access technical info even though it accepted my registration. Can anyone point me in the direction of manuals which can help troubleshoot the error codes shown on the units in the rear box? Or indeed help problem solve... Thanks guys, John
    E2000 is emergency error, you will always get that one when something goes wrong, as there is most likely an additional error or two that will better help diagnose the issue. You can arrow through the errors to see additional errors.
    Sounds like you are not getting power to your servos (based on your description of the back box). Are the servos also Fagor? If so you can get manuals for the drives specifically (search dds on the Fagor website) as the drives have their own error codes which are 3 digits (CNC errors are 4 digits), but since they're not on, the troubleshooting guide may not be of help at this time.

Check for additional errors and report back.

Re: 8040T Help required please...

This does not sound like a Fagor controller problem.
    It is likely an issue with servo drives or PLC or power supply.
    IE my re-branded Buffalo (Turret) uses Yaskawa drives and servos
    www.integratedmechanical.ca