RESOLVED:
part 1
f this is the first time you have homed the machine, then just press 'Y' to accept the new position for each axis.

You need to do that so that the initial homing distance for each axis can be stored (in the "homelog.txt" file).

If the messages keep showing up on future power-up-and-home sequences, then you might have a sticky limit switch; a slipping pulley; a slipping encoder; or an intermittent index pulse.

The "axis home differs" message means that the distance the control moved the axis off the limit switch, before it found the index pulse, is different from the previously-found distance by more than 1/4 of a turn of the motor.

The log of previously-found home distances, in the homelog.txt file, is initialized to zeros on a new software install. Therefore the first time you home a newly-built system you will get the warning message for any axis on which the index pulse is more than 1/4 of a motor turn away from the switch.
cncsnw

part 2 This was resolved by getting my ohm meter out and making sure that my X and Y screw terminal inputs on the AJAX board were set as listed in the Motors setup screen for Limits and Home. + and - for X were 1 and 2. Y was 3 and 4. X needed to be 2 , 1 and on Y I needed to understand which way was Y+ and Y- motion. :-) Once done I homed just fine.

Sorry- HAve not been sure how to post images except to put them up someplace and link the URL to it? If there is a better way, All eyes here.

Issue: Final test. Best for last. Homing test. Issues Warning

I found this thread:
AjaxCNC Support Forum ? View topic - **RESOLVED** homing Y errors

My ajaxboard post here:
AjaxCNC Support Forum ? View topic - Uggg. final item:Homing failure w/ a counts differ warning?

I can confirm I get the index pulse on all 3 XYZ Z* X* and Y*.

Pic of Motor Parms here:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CGHoming.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	272036

Standing in front of machine:
Z+ is up. Z- is down. Limits fine when jogging into
X+ Table moves to left. TRips X+ limit switch.
Y+ Table moves forward towards me. trips Y+ limit.