Hi all, This is my first major post so bare with me.

A little bit about me : I started in machining when I left school at 17 at my dads company, served my time over 6 years on manuals then left to get a greater view of the cnc, aerospace and oil and gas sector of engineering. I Got a great (So I Thought) job for a company that is 95% cnc based who needed a manual person for there Colchester lathe and bridge port mill for the little off jobs that come in the door also with the promise that they would train me on cnc's this is a win/win in my books. Now 11 months on i am still just sitting on the manuals and getting bored, I am only 23 and I love to learn! I told the director and the owner that I feel under appreciated before Xmas break up and they said wait until February and you can start the training on the cnc's, come to the middle of February and I asked again. they told me wait a few more months. NOPE. (there is currently no manual work, I'm doing jobs on the manuals that should be done on a cnc)

So I bought a PCNC1100, getting shipped to me in the UK and running it from my garage if no one else will teach me I will do it myself, i already have a few contracts lined up for a few companies and it will be a steep learning curve, but who cares? Always look up to the future. Never down.

Once my machine gets here I will be going a bit more in-depth about the workload and set up I will be looking for, but until then I have a question! :wave:

Is there anything pitfalls you fell in to when installing your Tormach?

Cheers, Jim