587,006 active members*
2,886 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > FeatureCAM CAD/CAM > "Total Stock" option not working?

Question "Total Stock" option not working?

Hey guys,

I'm sure this is going to be an easy one. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

I'm using a "hole from dimensions" feature to side mill the ID of a bore. Normally I change the total stock value so the tool doesn't cut air from the center of the bore. This has worked great in the past. However, it seems now I can't change the total stock value. It's locked. I try to change it and it goes right back to it's stuck value, which is too small or too big depending on if I select or deselect Helical ramping.

I'm assuming a setting has changed that I'm overlooking. Changing the stock ID doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: "Total Stock" option not working?

So your choosing Hole from Dimensions With a Counterbore? Thats the only way I can think of that you can do side milling with Hole from Dimensions, which I never use for side milling. Ive always found I have more control and flexibility using a curve. Your probably using a newer version than me, cause when create a hole with a counterbore from dimensions, I dont even see an option for helical ramping or total stock. Probably why I always use a curve. lol

Re: "Total Stock" option not working?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy74 View Post
    So your choosing Hole from Dimensions With a Counterbore? Thats the only way I can think of that you can do side milling with Hole from Dimensions, which I never use for side milling. Ive always found I have more control and flexibility using a curve. Your probably using a newer version than me, cause when create a hole with a counterbore from dimensions, I dont even see an option for helical ramping or total stock. Probably why I always use a curve. lol
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

No, not using a counter bore. Using a "plain hole". Throw a few dimensions in and you have g-code to side mill a bore. It's very fast. That's why I use it compared to a curve. You don't need to draw anything. However, I'm a newbie! Is there a better, just as fast, way to do this?

Thanks for your time!