586,119 active members*
3,472 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics partner 0 a:drive error

Milltronics partner 0 a:drive error

We'll machine has been giving me issues which I've figured out till now . I couldn't load a program via a floppy like a normally do so I try to dnc the program no response with it accepting the program.
    So I reboot the machine and now getting a: drive error so tried to reformat the SRAM ram ect but floppy drive won't recognize and gives me an error. I tried swapping in another floppy drive but still not working any help please. I'd appreciate it.

Re: Milltronics partner 0 a:drive error

You might try going into CMOS and checking to make sure that the computer is even looking for a floppy. Just hit delete before autoexec takes hold and go down in the settings and make sure it is set for 1 3-1/2 1.44M floppy.

I agree with Allen, this sounds like a typical dead CMOS battery problem. The Date and Time settings and the display type may also be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZ View Post
    I agree with Allen, this sounds like a typical dead CMOS battery problem. The Date and Time settings and the display type may also be wrong.
    Here is a few pics of my screens i have alot more so do i delete here in one of these two screens before the shell takes hold?

You press delete when the ram is counting, if you don't have a lot of ram you may ctrl/alt/del it so you can watch for it to prompt you to "press delete to enter setup", rather than power cycling the whole machine. Once it enters the autoexec, it has gone too far to do anything in the CMOS setup. Those parameters have already been read and applied by that point. So the short answer is, before either of those screens, i think.