586,263 active members*
4,062 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Iscar milling seminar...

I just got back from the Iscar technical milling seminar in Arrlington TX. Anyone else been to it before etc. I though it was very informative. Also they feed ya well, very well.

ive never been ive thought about going. i love using iscar tooling its great

I went to the lathe one about 2 years ago. I had a part made from 302 stainless took about 2 hrs to machine. After the seminar got it down to 12 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIC_420 View Post
    I went to the lathe one about 2 years ago. I had a part made from 302 stainless took about 2 hrs to machine. After the seminar got it down to 12 mins.
    wow thats a big difference how slow were you machining that and what were you making

I wasn't really machining too slow. They had just came out with some new style inserts that allowed me to cut at faster surface speeds. Also I had to hold +0/-.0005 on a .250 diameter with a .187 hole thru it. Before I had to run several finish passes to hold the tolerance. With the newer inserts I could hold it for 20 parts before I had to ajust the offset.