586,804 active members*
6,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 6 of 15 45678

Re: Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience

Hello again.
    Run MDI mode, and a tool (like T2) with tool sensing activated and make sure that the machine will touch of the tool sensor.
    Now you got a value for the tool T2 = 123.456(from tool sensor), now move the tool against the spoil board.
    The machine shows a value 234.561. Positive value if the tool sensor is above spoil board and negative if it is below (not 100%sure). The difference between the above figures will be the height dif. between the tool sensor and spoil board. Then run Z-height touch off with the tool against the spoil board. Don´t use the Aux to anything!
    Kanske blir lättare om jag skriver på svenska?
    BR
    Daniel

Do you have carousel or linear ATC. ?

I am asking this as I don't believe the parameter functions with Linear ATC. There are previous posts that suggest this but I haven't concluded yet.

I am in the process of asking my machine manufacturer for further information.

So In the meantime, for each tool I am doing the mpg to the work surface. which like you is the spoil board. Touch the board, record Machine Z value and replace the tool offset value with this value.

Repeat for each tool.

jag tror inte att det skulle hjälpa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I now have a list of parameters for the Syntec 6MD which my manufacturer was helpful in sending after my request. Interestingly in searching through I cannot find parameter 3411. Even more interesting is the parameter listed as 3841 with description as follows "1.189Pr3841~Pr3844 Measurement of tool contact surface position -
    [-999999999 ~ 999999999].

I'm now asking for clarification from Omni.

Another pint to consider is that no matter what value is entered into parameter 3411, the position of the tool tip doesn't change.

Djcregan,

What happened? Did you get it to work or still trying?

BR

Daniel

Hi Daniel
    I have yet to have s good look as I have work to complete.

What I would say is I think I've done everything that I should do and it doesn't appear to change any height by changing parameter 3411.
    The parameter list I've been sent doesn't list 3411 at all either.

I've been looking around at the parameters and there's a parameter 3842, I'm attaching a picture. Curiously the value is the same as I would input into 3411 doing the calculation from tool measure to spoil board.

I've asked the supplier and they are still saying its 3411.

Do in really not sure at the moment.
    Will let you know at some point shortly.

Thanks

Hi
    I finally got the auto tool height to work. Quite simply I hadn't realised that in order for it to function. The auto tool height routine has to be run prior to changing parameter 3411 but also after it has been changed (for every tool).

My sincere apologies for what now seems very obvious.

Thanks

Not exactly sure what you mean though I assume it will make sense to people that have done it. Can you expand on that a bit?

What I think you mean is 1) Run auto tool height routine (once) 2) change 3411 as appropriate, then 3)run auto tool height on all tools to propagate the change to all tools? Sound right?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Hi
    That's exactly right.
    I neglected to do item 3 to propagate the change to all tools.

Once I understood it, it's really very good. You just have to do the routine every time you skim the spoil board.

On the whole I'm very happy indeed with the machine.
    However I do keep having a niggling problem with the the ATC. It only happens after a restart but it's happened twice now in 2 weeks and I don't know what's the cause.
    When the z axis approaches the tool fork to do a tool change the position should align the collar on the tool holder exactly in the same plane as the tool fork rib which the tool holder engages into. Twice now there ha been Z axis misalignment of 2mm which result the tool holder not engaging and landing above the tool fork.
    I'm not sure if the error message even homing Z has any bearing on this.
    For the moment I've adjusted the z axis home offset, parameter 883 to remedy it.
    I'm going to see wha Omni have to say. I have mentioned the error screen message and they simply said to restart the machine.

Here's the photo of the message.

Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449103614.504733.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	299738

Well - I finally have my machine in house so I am dying to get it hooked up to power and try it out on Monday (fingers crossed). So I might be looking for more information and tips once that happens. Just here to review the thread and thanks again to Lee and djcregan for the previous helps with the post processors which I hope to play with on Monday if all goes well.

One thing I am eager to test is if I can do a pause and then raise the z and stop the spindle and resume (with it going back to the correct position). Had that on my old control and its useful when a bit gets all gummy or some plastic masking wraps around the bit. Anyone try something like that?

I think! If you press the mpg button whilst machine is running code the machine will instantly pause. I think you can then switch to JOG and when done switch back to AUTO, press the mpg button again and resume.
    I will try it on mine.

The mpg button is second from top left under screen display.

Do you have ATC ? Mine is linear. It needs air to operate. I've made the fatal mistake a few times of forgetting to turn the air valve on. Don't want to go into too much detail because it's rather painful ! Suffice to say it's a big issue and if you don't turn the air on it will be at your peril. I'm still in the throes of fitting a pressure switch into the air line that I will wire into the the stop circuit to stop this happening. It should be done by now but the first one was faulty so in waiting for a replacement.

Normally I would keep mine under pressure all the time, but I'm going to have to see if that works when the water filters are bleeding air.

I think hsd spindles has a sensor in them to check but I sort of doubt omni has that wired into the syntec.

You can't keep under pressure, at least you can't mine because it leaks all the time a small amount

Yeah, my last setup had a switch also so the flow through air was only on when the spindle was on.

I'd think another relay tied in with the vacuum might work for me 99% of the time. I'll play around with it eventually.

One of my router, the one with Syntec, complains if it don´t have any air and the other one has a solenoid switch that turns the air on when powered up.
    I got a new solenoid laying aroung for the Synetc controller one... just time to do it missing.

I think it's a big design issue with my Omni. It shouldn't be possible to operate without air

OK, I've rigged up some power and now to figure this thing out.

So I've finally been able to get the tool touch off routine working. As per djcregan and Daniel.

It worked better once I had some live batteries in the tool touch off sensor...

At some point I did change the g54 setting to z = 0 as I kept getting z limit errors on the touch off routine. Didn't help but if the values you see look odd, that might be why.

Anyhow, I think I might be having the same issue you had djcregan at the start. I know you got past it but how?

Here's some screen shots if they help. Attachment 312520

Attachment 312524

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458092851241.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	312526

Attachment 312522

Never mind - changed the z=0 mark at a new point for g54 and it works now.

Well - edit here - something is still off. I'll work on it tomorrow. Bottom line is I think I will try Lee's way but my reference tool will change from time to time but I'll just make it one less likely to need replacing.

I too have had the problem with the positive z limit. I raised it with Omni technical and they simply told me to restart the machine.
    Incidentally I tried the built in method of tooltip setting through the menus but got some unreliable results so haven't used it since.

I don't currently have a reference tool, although I could. I simply use a tool to measure to the spoil board with a piece of paper which is 0.1mm thick.
    From there I subtract that measurement from what it says for that tool in the tool list. I then add that to the variable 3411. This in effect is the distance from the probe to "zero" (I think). This on my machine is a positive value and with a 12mm spoil board is around 10000 (10mm)
    Remember that once you have changed this variable you have to run the tool tip measure AGAIN for all tools.
    Even now it takes me a good while to get it exact, so I do think there's an easier way.

My advice is that 3411 should only be set once. There is no need to change it if you use AUX and/or tool tip measuring.
    All tools will follow the AUX value. In my case my 3411 is the height diff between the vacuum table and tool sensor (let’s say 6,5mm). Now I want to use a spoil board that is 12mm(before I flycut it).
    Simple way, just add 12mm in the AUX value and the new zero will on top of the spoil board.
    And all tools will follow and no need for touching them off. To be more precis it is possible to use the tool tip measuring under tool set offs, but make sure the tool your using for measuring is touched off by tool sensor before measuring.
    If I got a small piece where I need a vise for holding it, I just touch (tool sensor)off my tool and then touch the surface I want as my new zero, do the tool tip measure and I´m good to go. New zero and all tools follows the new zero.

Page 6 of 15 45678