586,795 active members*
2,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 9 of 15 7891011

Re: Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience

Quote Originally Posted by Clearyjames01 View Post
    Hi Lee,
    I have seen your video on you tube and they have been pretty helpful to a complete rookie of 2 weeks. I got a ATC3015 with syntec controller. I have marched on and after a few hurdles got it cutting. But have a few problems well three at the moment. Yesterday it was cutting fine. But the hood for the tool was catching i took the covers off and back on. Went to run a new program and got the two errors bellow.

Motion 17 Z axis first positive software limit exceeded

When i run a program this warning comes up but the machine will not have moved. When press run cycyle and before it moves any axis the warning comes up.
    If i move the z axis (in jog) the error goes away but if i try run the program its back and the z would have gone no where. but i can home all the axis fine so it goes to the Z limit and no problem. But i run a program and it halts everything

Coordinate 40 the1NcporgramL7: Block end point exceed software limit

This i have no idea what is going on.

One minute its working then i load a new file and nothing.
    I try other files ( that were working fine) and nothing
    I have turned off and on, home the axis and all is good, run file then the two errors come on.

I Have deleted the new file and almost all files from the computer, turned off/on and tried a file that did work fine yesterday, still the two errors pop up.

I was only about to start some real work on it after 2/3 weeks of just getting it to cut and now i'm standing looking at the machine about to lose my mind.

On another point i have only been b=manually changing the tools as the when i tell it in V carve to use T2 or T3 when i export it to machine it always says T1. But that's a whole other thing. if i could just get it cutting with T1 for now i'd be more than happy.

any help gratefully appreciated,

James
    where abouts in NZ are you?

Ok basically there are software limits set within the syntec parameters of your machine

The error basically states that what your program is telling the machine to do is outside of the limits the machine has set.

In this case the program is telling the machine to raise the tool about the highest point of the Z axis

It could be that you have your safety moving position set wrong in the program you are designing with, and before it starts it is telling you to move the spindle too high, a point to far above the material

In basic terms it is based on the coordinates, Machine coordinates are measured from the home position of the machine, ie: the machine zero for Z axis is the highest point the spindle can sit, your material maybe be set to -145 in the machine position, effectively this means that the spindle would know the material is located 145mm below the home position of the machine.

Obviously before you start any job you set the material offset positions, X , Y, and Z

These offsets become your absolute zero positions of where the job is to start from, your program will move so much down and so much to the right and so much up and down the table. all of this information comes from the program ( G-Code ) that you producedusing your design program and output using your post processor.

all this being said the likely causes of your problems are

A. Offsets set incorrectly, not latched into the G-54 positions, latched to the external shift instead

B. Table height parameters or tool height settings set incorrectly.

C. Safe Z or Rapid move height set too high in the program

D. Post processor incorrectly formatted causing it to set the wrong positions or not correctly allow for the heights of the tools

In order to help you any further with this would need to see one of your output G-Codes or perhaps check some of your settings

I currently work for Speedy Signs Dunedin at present, in Dunedin, New Zealand

Cheers
    Lee ( SyntecLee )

Hi Lee,
    Thanks for the reply,I was melting my mind checking everything even looking at the parameters of the axis. but when i walked away from it and went step by step back the problem was the table height for the tool was in wrong. The simplest answer was the last one that i came too. Thanks for your time. My next challenge is to get the auto tool change to work. At the moment i am using T1 and manually changing the head and resetting the tool height. I'm using V carve pro and telling it to us T2 T3 etc but when its output to the PP file it always comes up at T1. But for now i can get cutting which is the immediate problem and give me time to play around after the works are done. I know speedy signs, lived in Dunedin for 6 years only left 2 years ago. Think i even had some sign work done at at your place. Small world. Thanks again. James

James, where did you get your pp for Vectric? I based mine of Lee's and variations and it works fine. Pm me with you email and I'll send a copy. Mine is a ride along rotary tool change but not sure it matters.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Unhappy Tool Tip Measure ERRORS

Hi everyone,

I've had this machine for a while now with no major issues.
    Now, I changed one of the tools and I need to do a Tool Tip Measure. I've done it before with no issues, but now I'm getting a couple errors:

Macro 333 Z start point error alarm!
    Coordinate 27 The1NcProgramL1: Invalid macro arguments

Any ideas on how to fix this and measure my tooltip?

Thank you!
    HTM.Ro - Hobby Tools Manufacturing

Re: Tool Tip Measure ERRORS

Quote Originally Posted by interzis View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've had this machine for a while now with no major issues.
    Now, I changed one of the tools and I need to do a Tool Tip Measure. I've done it before with no issues, but now I'm getting a couple errors:

Macro 333 Z start point error alarm!
    Coordinate 27 The1NcProgramL1: Invalid macro arguments

Any ideas on how to fix this and measure my tooltip?

Thank you!
    No idea myself as I don't use auto measure (my platform with the tool tip sensor is not level and it flexes) but maybe try a back up and restore of your parameters (if you did back them up) and see if that helps? Or might just need to jog the z up or down before doing it so it does not trip the alarm (I recall having some issues like that when I did play with it when new).

I just manually lower the tool to the table and calculate the tool height offset as I am used to doing it that way. May eventually get the sensor working if I replace the bracket it is on.

Actually I just looked and apparently the macro's back up separately so I had not done it myself. You can look at them (export them as a backup and then eventually open with a text editor) under system admin (pw 520), macros, file export. I don't have a macro 333 but perhaps your machine does. You should hopefully be able to see what might be triggering the alarm.

Issue Closed. Malfunctioning tool tip sensor. Swapped it.
    HTM.Ro - Hobby Tools Manufacturing

Hello.
    I am have a problem with a new chinese machine.
    It has a Syntec 6MA controller.
    The problem is that when I try to change the tool the machine tried to change the tool at a spesific X axis offset to the side (same offset to all the tools), and breaks the tool holder (it is a linear tool changer with 10 tools).
    At first I thought that the tool positions were not calibrated properly at the factory so I used the MPG to position the tools in the tool holders and then entered the gcode G991T(Tool Number) to set a new tool changer position.
    I did it for 2 tools and than after playing with the machine for a couple of minutes the positions on all the tools reverted to factory setting (my positions became with offset and the original positions became correct).
    Than I recalibrated my 2 tools again and than it changed to the offset position again an oll the tools.
    It looks like there are 2 positions than the controller can switch between them.

Can somebody please help me to find how to remove this offset in the controller so I can be sure that the tools willchange properly and will not break the tool holder?

Thank you in advanced,
    Denis.

Set tool magazine parameters ,it is will be ok .
    To be first brand CNC Router Manufacturer & Wholesaler Platform

Do you have some photos of the control panel?

Hi
    Back to Auto squaring issue. Did anyone make this work on a Syntec 6MB, I know it is not possible on a 6MA because it only have 3 axis, but the 6MB have 4 axis
    and should be able to do auto squaring

/Mike

Hello Mike,

I got both 6MA and 6MB and auto square is nothing I ever heard off.

maybe It's not possible but Mach3 has this feature, It is used when you got 2 motors on your gantry where one of them is running slave to the other motor, when you refend the machine
    the two motors runs individueel and have ther own home switch ther by you can ajust the squareness of the gantry, when done it swithc back to slave again.

Now I just bought another CNC router and of course there is some issues with it.
    It´s equipped with Syntec 6MD.

1. The G53 zero is too close to the zero return switch. What parameter could it be to increase the distance from zero switch until it goes to G53(machine zero)?
    2. It waits for like 5-10 seconds after pressing cycle start, until spindle or other operations start. Any idea what parameter that could be?
    3. File manager/ program manager columns to narrow, can´t read the text when longer file names is used. My other machine with 6MB has much wider columns and I) can see the whole file name.

Thanks in advance!

G53 zero or the regular g54 zero?

The delay is likely in the post processor, unless that's the same as the other machine, then I'm not sure but there probably is a spindle delay parameter somewhere.

Yes my files only show about 12 letters (and I've actually gotten an error with some as too long). I just work around it (actually I use a generic file name for most jobs called atemp.nc and then I'm not cluttering the controller drive with a million files).

For G53 - Maybe parameter 881?

For spindle maybe para 1831 if its just due to a slow acceleration to speed causing the delay? Otherwise I think that would be in the post (if you are using the same post, just look through the parameters and see what is different on the spindle ones).

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer2 View Post
    For G53 - Maybe parameter 881?

For spindle maybe para 1831 if its just due to a slow acceleration to speed causing the delay? Otherwise I think that would be in the post (if you are using the same post, just look through the parameters and see what is different on the spindle ones).
    Gfacer2,

I will check parameter 881.

The long time from cycle start to any action at all, will also happen when running MDI. The post is ok since I'm using it on the other machine.

The small column is a huge problem to me. I reuse same program often and can't reload it each time.

Thank you for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by dunderdunder View Post
    Gfacer2,

I will check parameter 881.

The long time from cycle start to any action at all, will also happen when running MDI. The post is ok since I'm using it on the other machine.

The small column is a huge problem to me. I reuse same program often and can't reload it each time.

Thank you for all your help!
    I'd just code number the program then and post a list at the machine. My last machine only showed 8 characters so you get used to it...

Weird the delay in MDI too. It's something. I'd see what's different between the machines and look for a likely culprit. I did that with my brothers older syntec ez system. They used the same parameter numbers usually.

Hello,

Just found out the following:
    Press maintainance/ Sys. Setting / Set MMI conf.
    There on the second/third page there is a parameter for the length of the filename.
    I changed from 150 to 250 and now problem solved.

Now one out of three solved.

gfacer2!

The parameter 883 did the job! Just added some mm and now it works!!!
    Thanks!

Page 9 of 15 7891011