Hi Group,

The beauty about Open Source is that ANYBODY and EVERYBODY can have access to the content the community has worked on. Since Tormach is following this approach, I think we should take advantage of this opportunity.

Who is this for?

If you have Tormach's TMC, then you are OK. Tormach will support you and there is no need for you to monkey around with the computer or the SW.

If on the other hand you are like me and many others, and have your own computer, there is no way to get PP (unless you buy a TMC, of course).

If you want to be able to briefly customize the PP experience and add your own CNC flavor, then this may be the only way.

Implications:

What I am asking is to see if there is an interest to form a community group of OSPP (Open Source Path Pilot, which I am just going to code call Hack-Piper).

We would not bug Tormach with questions, as this would be our own endeavor and we realize they are already busy folks. The community group would be in charge of answering questions as they become available, with CNC Zone (or any other forum) most likely being the place to post/answer said questions.

Anybody with a computer could purchase the MESA card, download the Linux distributable with the Hack-Piper version and install it in their computer and at their own risk (low risk, though).

First Questions which would need to be answered:

1. Where is the repository where all of this Open Source code resides today?
2. What MESA card is being utilized?

I think there is tremendous potential for the community to make Hack-Piper happen. Come on Dudes and Dudettes!