I want to say a few things. First my experience with novakon in 2010 was negative. I posted my concerns on the general discussion board last week. Who every you had employed to assemble the machines really messed things up for me. I got a machine that was wired wrong and not wired securely. I was very upset that I had just spent 8k and got a pile of junk. I thought I was sunk and being a newbie to machining had no idea how to get this fixed. Seriously opening the back panel and looking a that electronic jungle was daunting. I got no help from novakon until John the boss stepped in. And I must say he saved the day. He via email and skype sessions got me up and running. THANK YOU John! I am still ticked off at the employee who wasted days and I mean days of my time. Shame on that employee!!!! When someone pays you to do a job DO IT and do it right or get out! Don't screw customers and your boss over with your incompetent behavior. This employee cost you a good reputation right off the bat, but now I must say John has come forward and done his duty and helpful above and beyond the duty. Thank you and I plan to continue to do business with you. My NM145 is a great machine especially with the upgrade motor kit I put on it and has been so fun!! I hope you fired the nut job you had in the warehouse and if you haven't you have a serious problem.