Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
bubba198

You need the Yaskawa matching drive for your motor,(well this is the easiest way to do it ) you can use there 220v single phase drives, this is only a 200w motor so any of there single phase drives up to ( 04 ) 400w will work with that motor

You have 220v at you house that will work for these drives, this is a drive # that will work for you SGDA-04AS or a SGD-04AS, these can also be a 02 were the 04 is

Other than doing this Dmm has has low voltage Drives & motors that would work for you
DMM | AC SERVO DRIVE | AC SERVO MOTOR | ROTARY ENCODER
Actually I believe this is wrong information.... He CAN use generic AC drives with this motor.

MY experience with the majority of SGM motors has also been they use their proprietary feedback, but the manual seems to state the type 3 feedback is standard.... I too would double check this before plopping down money on a generic drive though.

Bubba, if you don't have the manual on those motors, you should get it. pm me if you want me to email you a copy of it.

Attached is simple how-to-make-a-part-number page from it. Clearly states the encoder is NOT proprietary - that would have been the ONLY reason you would need the Y. brand drive. You have 3 not 5 or S, the proprietary feedbacks.

update: I cannot upload that page as cnczone upload feature is presently broken. but I could email you the 4mb file....