Thanks for all the help to get the Mechatronics 4 axis board working with this 3D printer build. I was able to get all the axis working but could not figure out the breakout board section to drive the PLA feed motor. I tried everything I could think of but when I tried switching the X and the 4th axis wires I accidentally shorted out the axis and the X is no longer working thanks to my mistake. Now I have the alternatives of either changing the slaved Z axis motors to a single motor driven axis with perhaps a belt drive between which will necessitate a lot of mechanical changes for that axis or finding another 4 axis controller to replace the Mechatronics board. I have decided to try another 4 axis drive rather than to do a lot of work to change the Z axis mechanism and will pursue changing out the controller board and re-wiring it as time permits. I could not get the PLA feed motor to drive even though it would show being powered so I am hoping the replacement Chinese 4 axis board will not introduce more problems into the build but I am sure I will find out soon. Thanks again for all the help getting the Mechatronics board working to some extent.
Wes