OK, I am leaning heavily towards these motors now:

SHIP from USA WH 4Axis Nema34 Stepper Motor 1232oz 5 6A DM860ACNC Router Mill | eBay

At $595 including shipping from their US warehouse this seems like a good deal. No customs issues to worry about. I also get a full extra motor-driver-power-supply set for a fourth axis or some other project when the time comes.

In researching timing belts and pulleys I am now finding that the 14mm shaft on the motor is somewhat troublesome. I looked at McMaster, Stock Drive Products and Misumi (ouch!) and couldn't find pulleys with this ID. I found a couple on eBay but have to look further. I'd rather buy from a more traditional industrial supplier if possible. Any recommendations?

Whenever possible I prefer for as much in common in designs as possible. That's why I was hoping to have a ballscrew turned to 14mm in order to match the stepper motor diameter. Not necessary, but the perfectionist in me would feel good about that. Again, the apparent lack of choice in pulleys is getting in the way at the moment. I might have to find a set of pulleys first and then use that to set the OD of the turned-down portion of the ballscrew.

Any recommendations on the type and width of belt that might work best of this application?

Thanks,

-Martin