Parameter 905 is set to 0000 0001. Not sure what it means, but that's its value.

Concerning memory and drip feed, I doubt whether a memory upgrade would be enough, unless it will take a megabyte or more. Some of the things I'm interested in doing are more "arty," and that can involve many lines of code. Also, my background is in computer software, so I often write a program (in C, Java, Perl, whatever) that spits out the G-code, which I then feed to the controller. It's not hard to generate 10s or 100s of thousands of lines of code this way.

Which brings up something I've wondered for a long time. How many people out there are frustrated by the fact that you can't really program your machine (milling machine, lathe, whatever)? By "program" I mean using more sophisticated data structures, object oriented methods, etc., and not merely instructing the machine to move here, then here, here, and so forth. Macro B gives you a bit more power, but it still feels like using BASIC on a Radio Shack Model I with 4K of memory (i.e., something from the 1970s).