Very kool kickstarter campaign. Did you just do the prototype then have a shop quote and make all of the parts for you?
Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy Lab View Post
tmarks11, thanks for the kind words. Yes, I do have a lathe. Not the best but I make no apologies for it I do hope to step up my game with a Tormach. I also have a manual mill but a CNC can do so much more...faster. I'd like to get a Hardinge as there're not to spendy around Minneapolis.
Just for prototypes alone, I've more than paid for the lathe and manual mill many times over. The RFQ section here is great, but I really like being able to make a prototype, then change and improve on it an hour later.

I used to be machinist in my waaaay younger days, back in the mid to late 80's. I became a computer programmer from the 90's to just recently, then a few years ago, I became intrigued by making stuff again. After storing much of my tooling and rolling my Kennedy boxes from place to place, it's kinda cool that I get to use the tools again after all these years.

I think if you look in Kickstarter's Blog page, they link to quarter and year-end stats. They break things down pretty far.