587,058 active members*
3,966 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Hitachi ht20 fanuc 10tf spindle won't run

Hitachi ht20 fanuc 10tf spindle won't run

Guys.

Just got this lathe today hooked it up all is good. Turned it off for an hour or so then went back to it and now the spindle won't turn. I have tried everything.

Chuck is closed
    door closed
    Etc etc
    I have tried m3s2000 in mdi with m41/m42 and it reads it and goes straight to feed hold
    When I run a program from its memory it just gets to the spindle start line reads it then goes into feed hold and spindle doesn't start it ran a few hours ago. Axis and hyd work well so doubt it is phasing.

The drive has 3 green LEDs lit they are
    Source
    Zsp
    Ndet
    These are lit on first power up and are lit when the spindle is ment to be running.

No alarms at all. Interlock seems to work as with the door open the program won't start

Probably something simple but got me stumped don't know where to go from here

Sounds like the chuck confirmation prox. Some machines have open, closed, and partial stroke to signal that a part is in the jaws. Check them at the I/O page to eliminate wiring or board problems.

Re: Hitachi ht20 fanuc 10tf spindle won't run

It was the tail stock quill it was saying the quill was not in the retract position so the spindle wouldn't start. pressing the tail stock retract doesn't do anything as i had tried this early on in the piece so suspect the tailstock retract and forward switch don't work as the tailstock doest move in either direction. i typed the m code for tail stock retract and that did it and spindle started up straight away and have run some programs that are in the control to make sure it is going to keep going. all good thanks