586,656 active members*
3,738 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Editing Kmotion_dotNet.dll

Hi,

I'm trying to include in the settings page of KFlopWebNC the ability to also configure a 7th and 8th axis (index, counts per inch, max acceleration, max velocity and jog velocity of two more axis). In order to do this it seems I need to add new public variables to the KM_MotionParams class which is part of the KMotion_dotNet reference. Basically I just have no idea how to successfully edit the .dll, at the moment I'm using visual studio express 2013 for windows desktop, I'm assuming I may need different software?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Re: Editing Kmotion_dotNet.dll

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately our libraries (GCode Interpreter, Coordinated Motion, Trajectory Planner, Kinemetics) are only written to support 6 axes. To expand to 8 axes would be a significant number of changes. I would guess maybe 50 places. The Libraries are dependent on Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) which is not directly supported by the Visual Studio Express Version. At least the Standard Level is needed. I believe there is a download that makes it possible that someone mentioned on the Yahoo Group but I'm not sure how to do it.

Are you sure you really need 8 axes? It is possible to map the 6 Axes in the Coordinate System to any of the 8 KFLOP Axes on the fly. Or the other Axes can be commanded for basic moves in other ways.

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Re: Editing Kmotion_dotNet.dll

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update. In that case I'll just try mapping two of the current axis to the seventh and eighth KFLOP channels, that should be suitable for this application. I was mostly just curious about how much I could play around with.

Thanks again,
    Mike