586,655 active members*
3,303 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > What do you do to contain your coolant?
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: What do you do to contain your coolant?

Here is a picture of our setup, we made our own stand and used a lot of free stuff we had already. The main part of the curtains is meat locker curtains that are supported on uni-strut. They have about a 4" gap from the ceiling to allow ventilation. It seems like overkill but we can use as much coolant as we want and sometimes those chips get pretty high (shown in pics - surfacing delrin).

Attachment 269240

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030977 (1280x960).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	269242

It's snowing in the meat locker! Quick someone call the USDA LOL! Good simple solution that will be easy to maintain over time. Looks like you have lots of light too.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Another shower curtain with minimal privacy on my old mill. You can't get much cheaper than this. I used rare earth magnets inside to secure the bottom of the side curtains.
    That looks a lot prettier than the last pictures you posted of that mill

Brian
    WOT Designs

Quote Originally Posted by pickled View Post
    It's snowing in the meat locker! Quick someone call the USDA LOL! Good simple solution that will be easy to maintain over time. Looks like you have lots of light too.
    Haha thank you, it was actually a friend who suggested to use them for the mill. I got them free from my last job and he saw them and came up with the idea. I couldn't believe i hadn't thought of that and it turned out to work really well. It's been about 6 months or so and they work pretty well. I'm really happy how it all came together. We have a track light inside of the enclosure with two wide angle LED bulbs and two Hallogen spot lights (one on each side) aimed at the center of the mill table. The lighting is very good.

One thing that was important for my simple shower enclosure is that it would accommodate my overhead hoist.
    It takes less than 2 seconds to lower the bar to hoist in my 4th or vises.
    - Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by EvolveES View Post
    Haha thank you, it was actually a friend who suggested to use them for the mill. I got them free from my last job and he saw them and came up with the idea. I couldn't believe i hadn't thought of that and it turned out to work really well. It's been about 6 months or so and they work pretty well. I'm really happy how it all came together. We have a track light inside of the enclosure with two wide angle LED bulbs and two Hallogen spot lights (one on each side) aimed at the center of the mill table. The lighting is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    One thing that was important for my simple shower enclosure ...
    What is the purpose of the dust collector tubing coming into your enclosure?
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

It was there before I had my machine but I located the tormach close to it to pull air across the shop from windows opposite and out. I turn it on if it gets a little fumie or smoke is generated on an op (!)

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    What is the purpose of the dust collector tubing coming into your enclosure?

Page 2 of 2 12