587,006 active members*
3,262 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > Hitachi Seiki VA45 tool changer stuck in mid cycle

Hitachi Seiki VA45 tool changer stuck in mid cycle

1984 Hitachi Seiki VA45 with 32 tool carousel tool changer and fanuc 6mb control stopped in mid tool change. I can swing the tool arm from the manual controller on the side of the machine but none of the other function work. I can home x and y but z cannot move at all I assume it is locked out because plc has returned control to the cnc side. I can operate tool unlock from control on head but not at side of machine.

Re: Hitachi Seiki VA45 tool changer stuck in mid cycle

Hello, I replied to your post on practicalmachinist as well, not sure which youll see first. You will have to do a home procedure. You have to get into maintenance mode and issue the Mcodes step by step to return it to origin. Are you familiar with this process?
    John

Re: Hitachi Seiki VA45 tool changer stuck in mid cycle

I have the VA45 but with a Fanuc 11M. For mine, in order to move the axis, I have to hold down the red "spindle stop" button, which acts as an override. Sometimes Im able to manually move the arm, pot, ect, with the tool changer control panel at the back of the carousel. MOST of the time though, I have to manually put everything back to position with the solenoids. On my machine, on top of the carousel there are 4 solenoids. 1 will swing the arm back and forth, 1 will make the arm go up and down, and 1 will make the tool pot go up and down. Turn the machine off and remove the nuts, and pull the square box off each solenoid so they wont be activated, and then turn the machine back on. Press the rods until you get the tool arm home and pot up. Turn machine off and put the solenoids back together. This is what I usually have to do.