587,072 active members*
3,035 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Problem with pocket

Problem with pocket

Hi, All
    Thought I was on a roll but have run into a problem, The included file is one that was fixed for me and I started to put tool paths together and can't seem to create a pocket for the neck, this is the third pocket feature in the list.... I had a similar problem a week or so ago but somehow got it to work on another file I was trying!!!

Thanks, Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Problem with pocket

Was hoping someone with V27 would chime in to help you...

Blank all layers except "neck cutout"
    Choose Mill pocket
    Select the neck pocket profile
    For depth selection, you should be able to click on the same profile (is already at the correct depth)

Thanks Jest, I am at work and downloaded the file I put up last night and tried to open it in ver27 demo mode and got the message " the machine used in this job does not exsist in this system" click on ok and then it crashes....This is on my crappy laptop at work!. The file was made on my ver27 at home that has the router machine I setup in the software so I can understand it asking me to define a machine but not sure what the crash's are about......I had no problem opening and simulating the Aztec calendar file in a recent post on this group, I guess it was made and the tool paths where made with a stock machine in bc. I think there might be others that could not open my file with the toolpaths I created and would not see the problem I am having????. When I try to make the pocket it only does a profile toolpath and not pocket.

Was the demo the same build as the one at home?
    As far as the Mayan Calender,the file I uploaded was done in V26.
    Jest is correct on turning the layers off.

Thanks Jr, No the build at work is 1462 demo, I only own 1 seat of 3axis pro...Would be nice to have a moveable key!!!. Not sure if I can upgrade my laptop with the latest ver. for demo without a service contract???.. I had no problem creating pockets for the pickups and electronics, only when I went to the neck pocket a problem. It did work last night when I did what Jest had said and I deleted the feature before trying again instead of editing it, not sure which thing I did that made it work?. Another thought I'm having is opening a file on my laptop with the demo, I know if I save it from the laptop it will not work on my desk top with my seat. But doesn't the software save automatically at some point?. I don't want to make the file un-usable for extracting code!

Thanks, Dave