586,125 active members*
3,006 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Looking for information on a CO2 Laser Power Supply

I recently acquired an old(ish) CO2 laser and have been working on getting it up and running.

None of the markings on the unit have turned up much information, the model number on the faceplate is "ZTGD-4028D Artware Engraving Machine", and the power supply is a DECHUANG DJG107-15/18

I immediately pulled out the control board as I had no idea how to interface with it. I've replaced that with an Arduino and CNC shield running a modified version of GRBL as a G-Code interpreter (added a command in to fire a pulse, makes raster burning somewhat doable, albeit very very slow)

After a few burns, I noticed that the power control knob was acting weird, so checked it and sure enough it was shot. I replaced it with a new one, but the power supply is still acting odd. Not much info found on the original part number, other than a couple pages saying it can do PWM control at down to 1ms pulses, but the board looks EXACTLY like the CO2-SH-P1 picture on this pdf: http://www.cam85.com/data_board/Manu...owerSupply.pdf which can only do TTL at 10ms pulses...

Sadly that's the only info I've been able to find, and was curious if anyone here had been able to figure out any other info about these. There are a couple trimpots on the board, and I don't want to poke at them without having at least some clue what they're for!

Re: Looking for information on a CO2 Laser Power Supply

If you have stepper motors I would just ditch the entire control unit you have and replace it with a Lightobject DSP system.

Re: Looking for information on a CO2 Laser Power Supply

the main controller's already out as I mentioned, I replaced it with an arduino and GRBL, so positioning and signals for the laser are all fine, it's the power supply I'm trying to figure out.