We are a steel fabrication business that has been around for roughly 60 years. The majority of our machines are old hydraulic presses and shears. We have been using mostly Cincinnati Hypowermatic 400 and 500 series machines for our milling and Molines for drilling. Until now, our most recent piece of drilling equipment was a 1960's Cincinnati Hydrotel with an Acramatic 850 CNC controller retrofitted. We did make a significant leap forward about a decade ago with the purchase of a large plasma table, but that modernized only a very small portion of our overall production. So we decided to pull the trigger on a Haas VF-12 50 taper, complete with Midaco pallet changer. We built a new 55x80+ foot edition just to house this behemoth of a machine. As far as I know, we are the only company in North America to have one of these mated to a pallet changer. Since we do work in a relatively small industry, I'm not at liberty to disclose exactly what it is we manufacture, but I wanted to share our new acquisition with the CNC Zone community. It will take a significant learning curve until all relevant staff is fully trained and operational on this machine, and I'm glad that a great resource like CNC Zone exists to help us along.

Here's an initial picture just after installation:
Attachment 266568

More to come...