586,308 active members*
3,664 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Can't stop pecking :(

Can't stop pecking :(

I am trying to create a movement for both reaming and use of a tapmatic tapping head so single plunge and retract.

However every option I select under hole machining creates a pecking action in the simulation rather than single plunge and retract.

What can I have broken/changed to stop simple drilling from working in this way??

I am presuming that this is nothing to do with the postprocessor as it is in the simulation.

I must be missing something obvious, any suggestions appreciated!

Jon
    Sliding down the razor blade of life.

Re: Can't stop pecking :(

Attachment 266866

in sprut 7 select hole machining op, then simple drilling. I would think the newer versions would be similar.
    mike sr

Thanks for the response. Thats exactly what I was doing but with no joy, I have started a new project and it is working fine now, not sure what I had broken in the other one

I have used sprut for 3 years now and it does have a mind of its own occasionally!

I cant get my version to use the correct directory for importing files, its set correctly but it pays no attention to it ha! The other problem is the control C and control V for copying an operation, sometimes it works and other times it doesnt??
    mike sr

Sprut has a little attitude problem every once in a while. When that happens I choke the life out of the gremlins by shutting down and rebooting. I am on version 7 still here too and I am sooo sick of having to navigate to my CAM files every time even after I change the default directory! I think that Sprut makes multiple copies of its configuration files and you must have to search for them in hidden directories to really make a change.

My motion controller wanted "Old Cycle Format" for drilling and I think that was what I was not understanding where it was set. I cannot grumble too much I have not played with it enough but the simulation gremlin that remembers the old work piece position/rotation took me a while to realise and I there does not seem to be a way to get it to reset, anyway early days and it has been very enabling

JonS

Try these in you control, use different X Y Z numbers to suit what you want to do

G81G98X-1.3965Y1.497Z-.389R.1F4. ( Feed in Rapid out )

G85G98X-1.3965Y1.497Z-.389R.1F4. ( Feed in Feed out )
    Mactec54