586,160 active members*
3,351 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc 10 m (parameters)

hi,
    i am absolutely new in this "area" ... but i want to (learn) ... i'm student and in our school shop is fanuc 10m - giwen to school from one company ... but since this machine is moved here it isn't working ... system label error .. i found here on CNCzone one way to resolve this problem, but i foun information that i need to back up all parameters, too ... and i don't know if it's backuped ... do anybody know to tell me which extension have a backup of parameters? :stickpoke and do anybody know to help me with parameters, if they arent backuped?
    or one another choice, yet, do you know to tel me if i can back up these parameters now, when the machine is only in IPL mode

Please help me.

Thanx a lot for any help.

Lukas

Hi.
    Your parameters have to be on the punched tape or in the table that comes with electrical manuals. Other way to get parameters is to get them from machine tool builder (MTB). You can't read them from IPL mode.

Thank you guhl,
    and how is extension ov backuped parameters, maybe they are backuped in PC that is next to it. Actualy i foun sheet, at the top is written fanuc system 10M parameter check sheet .... under it is table vith columns
    NO 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
    is it it what i need ?

sorry for stupid question, but i don't want to make a mistake ...

Thank YOU a lot

Lukas

Lukas,
    The parameters list is a text (ASCII) file. It can have any name with any extension. It is a list of 8 bit binary numbers in its mayority but some are just regular numbers.
    You can enter them with RS232 communication or by hand one by one.

Good luck!

Thank You

dear friends,
    i am using moriseiki Mv40 Fanuc 10M control when program running circle my machine JERKING & BUFFER OVER FLOW signal come, can u please anyone help me to solve the problem
    RS-232 cable connection
    25Pin----------------9Pin
    2--------------------2
    3--------------------3
    7--------------------5
    8-20-6 loop----------1-4-6 looping
    4-5 loop--------------7-8 looping

DNC software Cimco-4.5
    system windows XP
    RS 232 cable length: 2meter
    25Pin nad 9Pin

setting in computer
    -------------------
    baud rate-9600
    data bit-7
    parity-Even
    stop bit-1
    Flow control - Xon/Xoff
    in both ends

but i am still my machine jerking & buffer over flow while program running can anyone please any other changes or setting to solve the problem, how to increase speed up my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by machtraco View Post
    dear friends,
    i am using moriseiki Mv40 Fanuc 10M control when program running circle my machine JERKING & BUFFER OVER FLOW signal come, can u please anyone help me to solve the problem
    RS-232 cable connection
    25Pin----------------9Pin
    2--------------------2
    3--------------------3
    7--------------------5
    8-20-6 loop----------1-4-6 looping
    4-5 loop--------------7-8 looping

DNC software Cimco-4.5
    system windows XP
    RS 232 cable length: 2meter
    25Pin nad 9Pin

setting in computer
    -------------------
    baud rate-9600
    data bit-7
    parity-Even
    stop bit-1
    Flow control - Xon/Xoff
    in both ends

but i am still my machine jerking & buffer over flow while program running can anyone please any other changes or setting to solve the problem, how to increase speed up my machine.
    The cable configuration you're using is for Software Handshaking and is OK, although the bridging of 1-4-6 and 7-8 looping on the PC end is not required, but will not cause your issue.

You might like to check parameter #5111 and see what number of Stop Bits are set there. I note that your PC software is set for 1 Stop Bit. This also should not cause the problem you have, but with 7 Data Bits and Even Parity its more usual to use 2 Stop Bits.

When you say that you get this jerking and buffer overflow when executing a circle, how is the circular path being programmed? Are you using G02/G03, or are you generating the circular path via many small linear moves? The latter is the only reason why I could imagine this happening when executing a circular path. Let the Forum know more about how the circles are being programmed.

With regards to the data overflow, you could try adjusting the FIFO setting for the Serial Port being used on the PC. This will often rectify an overflow issue due to the Serial Port not being able to react quickly enough when it receives an Xoff (DC3 Ascii 19). When the Pc software is set to Xon Xoff Handshaking, these control characters are handled at system level by the Uart and not the software; hence the reason why adjusting the FIFO helps. If all else fails, Hardware Handshaking is always more reliable than using Software Handshaking, but another cable configuration is required using at least 5 wires.

Regards,

Bill

Re: fanuc 10 m (parameters)

tell me your machine name and model may i can help you
    abid