586,119 active members*
3,635 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tormach CNC Scanner

I have recently purchased the Tormach CNC Scanner V2 package,
    Once I got the my head around the workings of the software it has worked out well and will be a great asset to my business. I have a couple of question that I would like to find answers to,
    Does anyone know the size limit of the files that can be loaded into the CAD software, I have done some scans that are 2 gig in size and while the scanning software does it okay and the CAD software will open the file it won't load it into the when you say okay. Is there a way around this?
    Next question when scanning at reasonably fast moving speeds, have it operating in metric and table moving at 700 mm per minute the camera will take the shoot before the mill has come to a complete stop, is there a way to make the camera weight a minimum time for taking the photo? Can I change the setting in the config file to achieve this?

Tony

Re: Tormach CNC Scanner

Got to say I am impressed Tormach came back to me with a number of answers to my problems, very efficient. Its a great company with a great product.
    I am asking a lot from the software we want to scan a Toyota V12 engine parts so we can upload the DXF to develop a crankcase for a flat 12 cylinder 5l engine. Our theory is that we can take all the major parts from the Toyota engine and use them on the flat 12.

Okay so most of my problems can be sorted by adjusting the config file, So if I extend the minimum time the camera has to wait before taking it will allow the image to stabilize. From what Nolan from Tormach said I can get around the file size issue by using "Zoning" should fix the issue.
    Here is a shoot of the V12 head being scanned.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0441 smaller.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	266172