586,138 active members*
3,836 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Indexing on Plasmacam 4x4?

I've got a part that's 90in long, but only a 4x4 table on my plasma cutter. It seems like its possible to split the operation into two parts, but I haven't found any resources on how to do that.

Has anyone here had any experience with this kind of thing? Is there a standardized way of doing it or should I just create two separate .dxfs, move it myself and hope for the best?

Re: Indexing on Plasmacam 4x4?

The video manual that comes with every Plasmacam has a section on indexing long parts, it is rather simple. If you don't have the video manual, then I suggest going to the plasma cam owners forum at PlasmaCAM Cutting Systems , click on Owners community, you will need your machine serial number to join. Great forum with lots of help from other Plasmacam owners.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Jakebotd96 View Post
    I've got a part that's 90in long, but only a 4x4 table on my plasma cutter. It seems like its possible to split the operation into two parts, but I haven't found any resources on how to do that.

Has anyone here had any experience with this kind of thing? Is there a standardized way of doing it or should I just create two separate .dxfs, move it myself and hope for the best?

Re: Indexing on Plasmacam 4x4?

Hi Jakebot!

True, plasmacam's video manual has really good step by step video instruction on everything having to do with plasmacam's machine and software.

Plasmacam's machine control software makes indexing a really simple.

Attachment 269484

first go to the machine control tab in the settings menu. Then, under indexing and viewing (highlighted) select the table/viewing size (it can go all the way up to 4x40!!)

Attachment 269480

Click just once to make your lead in (to begin your cut path)... & I kid you not..... plasmacam's software will take care of the rest......it will even automatically create the cut path in separate sections for you. (I have never been able to make something like this go faster on any other system that I have used in the past).

Attachment 269478

Hit cut....and you are done!

Attachment 269482

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks,

JAG