586,471 active members*
3,511 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > 1995 Milltronics Partner 6-F...whats it worth?

1995 Milltronics Partner 6-F...whats it worth?

1995 Milltronics Partner 6-F
    Hey all, I am looking for some idea of what this 1995 Milltronics Partner 6-F is worth. It has a 4500rpm spindle and a centurion 5 control. It is with the second owner. It has a central oil system installed and the owner claims it is very accurate. He said that the Z motor was replaced before he got it but doesn’t know why. To his knowledge it was been used to cut only steel and aluminum. With it comes a parts machine that is complete. The built in monitor on the controller doesn’t work, but the machine is already retrofitted with a flat panel 15” monitor to use in place. I have not seen photos of the ways yet, but they are linear. The table appears to be in good shape as well.
    Based on what I have stated and the few available photos, what would be a good price to offer for these?

Re: 1995 Milltronics Partner 6-F...whats it worth?

The value largely depends on condition. How does the machine look? Do the axes move smoothly and quietly? Does the spindle sound good? How does the tool changer perform? Does the parts machine have the same axis drives and motors, spindle drive and motor? Have either of the controls been updated? Why do they want to sell?

I've seen those sell from $5000 to $15000 or more.

As with most used things, the question is: what is it worth to YOU?

Were these machines not massed produced? I really want a machine with linear ways, these milltronics have them along the ability to run off of single phase. I have seen a wide range of prices for these which is why I asked my original question. It is a good size machine for my home. I'd there another machine I should look at instead? The single phase would be great too. I haven't been able to view this one in person and the current owner didn't send any videos so beyond what I mentioned I don't have details on the condition.

Whisbang. As ZZZZ stated it is all about condition. The Milltronics machines have been used by small and home owner shops for years. The used 90/s machine s are a staple for these operations. ( Milltro owners chime in here) they work wonderfully in areas where single phase is the only option, the control and programming is the easiest around, built good and they keep on tickin. But, any thing can be beat to ****.

Basics, P6F, most likely a 34 X, 24 Y 22Z. 25mm rails, 12 pocket tool changer. axis drives most likely DC but AC drives were an option, 4500 RPM leads me to think the Spindle drive / motor is a CSM 12HP 3 speed, could be a GREAT machine, To quote ZZZZ, It is all about "condition".

PM me to discuss the particulars, a machine S/N would help.

Sportybob
    " helping you to cut parts"

Thanks Sportybob.

Unfortunately I was too hesitant and the machine sold. But I am still very interested in finding one. As you said the single phase option is ideal for the home shop since I don't have 3 Phase as an option right now. I know the old Milltronics can run single or 3 phase, but from what I can tell the new VM 16s and 17s seem to be only wired for 3phase. Can they be wired for single Phase?

I know that I definitely want linear rails, I currently have a CNC with dove tails on X and Y and linear on the Z, and I want something more stout. Is there a model of Milltronics I should stay away from? Is $10k a reasonable priced for a Partner 6 in good condition? Are replacement components easy to come by for these machines, such as the spindle or the controller? Are these easily retrofitted to run Mach if the controller goes?

I have found a lot of auctions and sales that are expired from a few years ago where these things sold for $5k to $6k, and now they seem to be going for twice that. Is there is a reason these have gone up in price? Are they suddenly sought after more for a reason? I would have thought a 20yr old machine would have dropped in price and become more available.

Thanks,
    Whizbang

Hi Wisbang, The price of used equipments goes up and down depending on the economy, When good, more companies but new and trade or sell the old. when it is bad some businesses go out of business both put more machines on the market and the price usually drops. When things are going good more people look to add machines more people looking and buying = price increases.
    IMO In today's market a P1 or P6 in good condition for 10K is a value. But again it is all about condition. Cables become, cracked and worn, The new "environmentally friendly" coolants cause problems with rubber products, motors wear out, spindle bearings etc, etc. All these can be repaired and parts are available.
    Think- does the used truck just need new tires? or tires, brakes and transmission work.
    Machines with -A control boxes can become an issue if a new mother board is needed. These controls used an 8 bit acroloop cards and finding a Mboard with 8 bit slots is not easy. NOTE: for those with CAT-900 controls, I have been able to get 4 of these back up and running in the past few months.
    -B and later controls are readily update-able.
    Any Milltronics machine that does not use the "new" Yaskawa M5 spindle drive system can be run on single phase. But a phase converter can always be used, I like the static ones better then the rotary ones. ( it seems the voltages are more stable)
    If you find a machine you like- be ready to jump. they don't usually last long. You can PM with machine info and I can get you more info on the machine.

Sportybob