wow, no wonder I couldn't find my thread. I didn't realize it was moved. I figured a benchtop lapping machine would fall under.... well... benchtop machines right? I know its not a mill, but its on a benchtop. But whatever... I digress.

Anywhoo.... I had a moment while staring into the infinite beyond in my basement where my old X2 mill used to live. Then I realized that the X2 sized motor was exactly what I was looking for (or a bit smaller). So I bought a DC motor controller, (KBLC-19) and I am now looking at this particular motor since the X2 ($213) or even the X1 micro mill motor ($157) is too expensive:

0.5kw Air cooled spindle 1Pcs ER11 chuck CNC 500W Spindle Motor + 52mm clamps For DIY CNC 1050456B-in Machine Tool Spindle from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

So the motor control was $35.00, and the motor here is $80 shipped. I didn't pull the trigger yet since I wanted to see if I could find the motor itself without the clamp and ER collet so it would be cheaper, but so far my attempts have been unsuccessful.