586,945 active members*
2,357 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 1998 VF-2 emulator to USB port

1998 VF-2 emulator to USB port

Converted over from 3.5 floppy with a PLR emulator to USB port and reformatted the thumb drive to fat 16 as required, all the lights come on in the emulator as required. Go to list of programs and highlight all, put in O0001 and hit F2 Disk WR,and then hit select program. The number O0001 is in the program list and is selected but when you hit memory there is no Gcode. The program on the thumb drive is 12 KB, so I know it is not over loading the machine computer of 1.44 MB. Any help would be much appreciated. PLR doesn't answer their phone or return calls. Talk with instructors at school and there only suggestion was that the % sign may not being recognized.

Dick

Re: 1998 VF-2 emulator to USB port

Ive converted a few of our older Haas machines from floppy to USB and we load programs a bit different. Not sure if it will help you but we do MEMORY>CURNT CMDS>EDIT>F1>arrow over to I/O>then choose DISK DIRECTORY. It should pull up the programs on the USB drive then just highlight and hit enter.

Re: 1998 VF-2 emulator to USB port

If you go to EDIT, press F1 for "floppy DIR", what do you see? If nothing, you may have installed the ribbon cable upside down. Ask me how I know.... :-)