586,176 active members*
2,804 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Not able to use machine with APC battery alarm

Not able to use machine with APC battery alarm

Hi, guys!
    I've been googling but i cannot find the answer to my question.

We have a Doosan Puma 2600LSY with a fanuc 0i control.
    After the christmas holiday I have an APC alarm flashing in yellow as well as a BAT alarm in red on my screen.
    I've had this problem before and i'm pretty sure it's the voltage on the backup batteries getting low.

However, I'm not able to run the machine while waiting for the new batteries. It seems to be normal to be able to run even though one has this error? If so, can anyone help me do that?
    I can move the machine by handle and rapid, but not in automatic operation and MDI.

And- since these batteries are expensive - is it possible to make your own?

Thanks a bunch.
    Happy new year.
    Daniel

Re: Not able to use machine with APC battery alarm

I use 6 volt batteries from security lights for the 2C cell type. For the lithium AAA size Radio Shack has single AAA holders and a lithium cell that will do the job. Don't turn off your machine with that fault. Battery low is OK, Battery Zero fault and you will need to reset zero positions.

HI Guys,
    I am using Doosan 1800ms lathe , few dayz before machine was having APC alarm also there was alarm on the drive also so i changed the batteries of the drive 3.6volt , error goes away from the drive , than i set the 1815 parameter of the machine and reference it , machines works smoothly , but at the end of the shift i turn off the machine and when i came next day morning and turn ON the machine , it is showing again the APC alarm , now the alarm is not on the drive. i have again replaced the batteries and repeat the procedure of setting machine parameter and making it reference, but now when ever i am turning the machine off i am facing the same alarm APC alarm .
    please help me out if anyone knows anything about it.

Post your problem in the Doosan forum, they have a factory tech that will help you.
    Servo turret drive battery?

Measure the voltage on your batteries before you install them.
    Set up your machine and run. Before you switch off , measure the batteries again , and make a note of the voltage.
    When you switch on in the morning and get the alarm , measure the voltage again.
    If the voltage dropped from 3.8v to lets say 3.1 volt , it can be that you got a bad cable draining the batteries over night.
    If the batteries are measuring 3.8v , it can be a dry joint / loose plug on you board where the batteries plug in.
    If that is the case (I had it before) , remove the board and re-solder the plug.