586,533 active members*
3,010 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

large laser cutter for free to someone in NY, NJ, CT area

my company has a large turnkey brand laser cutter(its basically a rebranded chinese laser) for free if anyone is interested.

its only 3 years old with minimal cutting done one it..im going to be completely honest and tell you that this machine is a complete piece of garbage..what i mean by that is that its terribly made but it works very well, what i mean is, that when its working it cuts great but at the moment its not working.

whats wrong with it?? i really couldnt tell you but im sure its nothing serious..what happened is that we moved it and now i cant get it to fire, x and y operate fine but for some reason the laser wont fire, i think it might be a fuse or a wire thats not plugged in the right the way , i really am too busy and lack the knowledge to even bother trying to fix it, we have 3 other lasers and they are all working they are epilog lasers and come with support so when something breaks i am always able to fix it myself) but this chinese laser is just , well, chinese to me...lol.

anyway, long story short, we are a garment factory and we decided that this machine is not worth the time for us to fix because we are in manhattan, space is very expensive so we decided to buy another even bigger machine.

like i said, its a turnkey brand laser, its cutting area is something like 47x33 inches give or take (not exactly sure)..the machine works and if i send a job to it everything is fine but for some reason a couple months ago the laser just didnt fire and i dont know what it is. the cooling system might be the problem because the green ready light is not on but rather the red warning light is on..i added water to the tank but for some reason the green light will not go on..i know that if the cooling system is not turned on the laser wont fire so its very possible that because the cooler isnt working, this is whats keeping the laser from firing.

like i said, we have a new machine on its way and we need this gone before it gets here...my boss is just sick of looking at this machine and wants it gone...she asked me to call a metal salvage company to have it taken away today but i just think thats a shame..

i have worked on this machine for 2 years and i know that its a decent tool when its working but unfortunately the guy who sells the machine refuses to fix it....

i know this machine can be great in the right hands, but i cant stress this enough, IF YOU DONT FEEL YOU ARE EXPERIENCED IN REPAIRING LASERS OR HAVE EXPERIENCE IN ELECTRONICS DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS MACHINE....imo this goes for all chinese lasers....i literally have pretty much rebuilt all the epilog lasers i work on, because their tech support is so great and the parts and instructions are so clear, i have never had a problem repairing any of my three epilog lasers but this machine is a completely different story.

i have no idea how to trouble shoot or fix this machine and if i was able to diagnose the problem , i wouldnt know where to get the parts i needed,,and like i said, turnkey refuses to even talk about fixing it...oh, byw, i replaced the mother board 2 weeks ago in an attempt to fix it and that wasnt the problem so it has a brand new mother board.

anyway, like i said, in the right hands this can be a great deal and im only posting this because id feel horrible if i didnt at least offer it to someone interested.

im sure i could make some money for the scrap metal but like i said, the machine is less than 3 years old so im sure its nothing major....we just have a better new machine on its way and just need this one gone..(our new machine is a golden laser from china, has anyone used their machines??? just curious if they are decent).if you are interested please post a contact or private message me but understand its a very large machine so not only do you need to have the ability to take it out of here but it need to be gone by saturday or else im told i need to have it scrapped. so there you have it.

btw, its a 100 wt machine i believe, it could be 75 wt but im almost certain its 100.

Re: large laser cutter for free to someone in NY, NJ, CT area

sigh... If this was local to me, I would pick this up in a heartbeat.
    My Build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/113711-my_build_-_many_thanks.html

I sent you a private message thanks

I think you`d better upgrade it to RF laser.
    Throw out Chinese glass with PSU and put in this place real American laser like Synrad.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

To those who have PMed me..i will be responding from work tomorrow..
    Thanks