First thank you all, for the comments to my other previous post.

I have not received the machine yet, but hopefully soon. I have not bought the single phase transformer yet, as I am considering the converter (phase perfect) option also, not to have a power reduction and the increased current draw for operating single phase.

Here is the issue that I wanted to ask about: (My brainstorming and study of the wiring diagrams for the different transformers.)

Data plate on the machine says maximum 40A load for 230V 3ph. But the smallest size phase perfect (PT-330 - 10HP) has a rated current output of 30A with Maximum output current of 36A (steady state) per the specifications. So does a VMC 15 actually pull the 40A at full power and full spindle speed and all axis moving? I don't know? I think likely not. Has anyone actually measured the input current during this operation? I know it depends on cutting load also.

So I'm planning on running #2 wire to a 100A sub panel across the basement. Then if using the 10HP phase perfect for the spindle drive (VFD) only, I am easily under the rated amperage draw.
Further, most of the schematics state that the rated output from the factory transformer is 3PH 230V 27A for the VFD & AMP Chassis -and- 1PH 120V 10.6A for the other single phase outputs of the transformer.
So I'm thinking the other 3 or so single phase taps, can be run individually from the sub-panel using 3 separate 15A (or 20A) breakers...as the diagram calls out #10 wire for the 120V legs. I was thinking of installing a simple 4 pole continuous duty contactor with a 120V coil that will energize with the main power switch to connect the single phase legs simultaneously. ( I used a similar contactor one time in a shop to turn off all the power outlets with a single switch when I left, it worked great).

I'm thinking by elimination of the transformer, it will also reduce the total current draw of the machine, because when a transformer is humming, it is consuming power also. Then I get full power of the machine, with hopefully more economy of operation. And I can apply the money I would have spend on the single phase transformer towards the phase perfect. Then if I get a bridgeport, or other machine, I have the 3 phase. (even if I have to run only one at a time, no problem)...

The only issue I see is the Line Filter that is connected between the main power switch and the transformer (3 phase). This can still be in the circuit for the VFD but would not be used for the single phase taps. Unless i got a second filter to use for the single phase taps, (if necessary)?

Further math...... A couple of the drawings show the transformer rated at 15 KVA this is approx. 36.1 A if operated 3 phase (240V), and 58.3 A if operated single phase. (full load) If my math is correct , The transformer is stated to have an inductor output of up to 65A for single phase. The diagrams say voltage between 230-240, my house measures in at 246 but not sure that is a problem. Im expecting a small drop over the 75' run to the sub panel, too.

So in short I don't want to buy the 20HP Converter, and looking for a way to use the 10HP converter and not exceed the rated capacity.

Any comments welcome.
Thanks, Noyrt.