586,359 active members*
3,421 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Centroid CNC Control Products > Help with CNC10 install on BPBoss (software update from CNC7)

Help with CNC10 install on BPBoss (software update from CNC7)

Hello guys... My old hard drive crashed which had a working install of CNC7. Its basically not supported anymore so I'm trying to update to CNC10.

I followed the directions for CNC10 update, using the installer file .ISO disk image on the website.

Got it all up and running it finds home correctly and everything. The problem I'm having is that as soon as the machine boots up, the pneumatic control box for the spindle speed starts venting air out the back. There is an audible click when it starts doing this. Also the spindle start / spindle stop, and spindle speed up and down controls don't do anything.

I really... really... really... need to cut some parts as they are backordered.

Anybody have any ideas? I saw on the website somewhere it said that boss install kits come with the software with a specific PLC update installed to make everything work well with the boss hardware?

Ok well Jesse gave me a PLC update specifically for BP, and that stopped the venting, and it seems to operate correctly from G code, but jog panel doesn't seem to do anything. AlT R/Q nothing, ALT C nothing, ctrl f1 / f2 still nothing, etc...

Look on config screen for control page - then try changing console type to keyboard.
    Terry
    Arrow Controls Houston,TX

Yea, did that, it definantly was on keyboard. Then I cycled it through all the different types and put it back on keyboard and rebooted. No change. Gotta be a config value sommmewhere... Its odd though because the actual axis movements do work from the jog panel like control left, control right etc all work, seems to be just the ON/OFF type outputs.

Ok I guess the story is the CNC10 software was never really sorted out to work with keyboard. Ended up buying a control pendant.

Got the pendant today and it looks like a really nice piece. Must say I am really let down / disappointed because you would think when you bought something like this it would come with what you need to install it. The unit came in a box with a cable. Hell I didn't even get a reciept or even a packing slip. I need a PLC update to get it working, and that wasn't included either. On top of that, maybe its common knowledge or something but it doesn't even have a model number on it anywhere, so I can't choose the right jog / pendant type in the control. So much for getting my backordered parts shipped out for yet another day lol.

Does anyone else find it extremely odd to ship a $700 dohicky out without even a packing slip or receipt? Hell if I order ONE spark plug from summit I get that paperwork and then some. What if I was writing this off as a business expense?

Physically the product is very nice, but frankly at this point I dont' care if it was a wad of paperclips, I didn't really want a control pendant and had to buy it in order to get the software to work with my setup, yet here I am still venting on cnczone instead of cutting parts.

Sorry I've been busy and havent had a chance to check in here.
    For keyboard jogging to work you need the correct PLC program -
    M39kdc3p.src and m39kdc3c.src otherwise machine control functions wont work. Which programs did Jessie send you? Maybe give Jessie a call back and have him send these PLC programs. THe jogging will work through keyboard because it doesnt go through PLC.
    Terry

Yea, the jogging worked no problem, it was the spindle control and stuff we could never get to work through keyboard. In fact the machine will start / stop the spindle fine if you run a program but there was no way to change the spindle speed.

You have the wrong plc program
    Go to utility screen F7 it will say which PLC program you have
    Terry

Makes you wonder if the creator of the software EVER really installed the hard and software they created onto the machine they sold it to work on/with in the first place, don't it???? However, from the looks of their glitzy internet presence, they sure to do give that impression.

Even so, with reports like this, you really have to wonder if they ever did or at least have the right BOM's created to send out the right PLC for the right system that they sold. Shades of similiar stories expressed on the lathe retrofit thread (as Twilight Zone theme starts to play in background)....

Once again, mega kudos and thanks to Terry @ Arrow for coming to the aid and rescue of his esteemed employer/vendor.

When even the OEM can't seem to get things straight, CNC Zone contributing experts like Terry can be relied upon as THE info source for the DIY CNC enthusiast.