586,362 active members*
3,365 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cheap chinese laser - importing files

I am working on a project where I need to laser cut small, accurate fabric samples. I will create the files using a 3d program and I can export a number of files.

However I have heard bad things about the software that comes with the cheap chinese lasers. This is what they say about the software on the ebay listing -

'By the support of included software, LaserDRW, WinsealXP, this machine can work well with multiple graphic formats and has the ability of both NewlySeal and NewlyDraw, so it can be employeed in both carving and cutting works.'

Does anyone know if I will be able to import vector files easily and be able to cut my files accurately with one of these cheap laser cutters?

Thanks
    Jack

LaserDRW WinsealXP not support the vector files.

the laser cutting machine must install DSP control system, and matched software.
    LaserCut, LaserWork, LaserCAD, software support AI, PLT,DXF,DST vector files, and the precision of control is high. can make sure cutting your files accurately.

We provide laser cutting machine with DSP control system, which software your prefer?
    My gmail:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by JackWilliam View Post
    I am working on a project where I need to laser cut small, accurate fabric samples. I will create the files using a 3d program and I can export a number of files.

However I have heard bad things about the software that comes with the cheap chinese lasers. This is what they say about the software on the ebay listing -

'By the support of included software, LaserDRW, WinsealXP, this machine can work well with multiple graphic formats and has the ability of both NewlySeal and NewlyDraw, so it can be employeed in both carving and cutting works.'

Does anyone know if I will be able to import vector files easily and be able to cut my files accurately with one of these cheap laser cutters?

Thanks
    Jack
    Hi ,
    EXLAS is a good choice of what you want .With high precision of engarving and cutting (according to the need , laser tube 40w is mainly for engraving , 150W for cutting , 80W or 100W both for engraving and cutting ) .

With our new software EXZY ,you can use pwj format to save files, therefore when you need to use other formats, you have to use import function. The supported vector formats are: dxf, ai, plt, dst, dsb etc. The supported bitmap formats are :bmp,jpg,gif,png,mng,… . AND with 3D effect , it supported grayscale image (1bit /24bit/256bit ). you can also export files as plt format . Also U disk can help to download files to machine when you need .As the RAM of EXZY panel is 64M ,it can remember 128 files at most .

Another advantage , you may lnlay this software in Coral(11,12,X3,X4,X5) or CAD , thus output the processing file to EXZY and go to work directly .

Any more information please contact us XYZ Machinery , we would like to introduce you some laser machines if you are intrested .

XYZ Machinery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Exlas 3040.jpg  

What particular laser are you referring to? If it one of the lasers that cost about $800 U.S., then YES it will imort vector files from either PLT, DXF, CorelDraw..etc. The problem with them is...how long will it work? I have had mine for about a year and have just received the components to upgrade to a DSP. I liked what I had for a time, but am now ready for more.

Milt

Cheap laser

Thanks for the replies,

I did mean to include a link to the laser cutting machine on ebay. It is this kind of thing - 220V USB CO2 40W 300mm/s Laser Engraving Cutting Machine Engraver | eBay

Mondo50m - If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to upgrade the machine?

Thanks
    Jack

Buying newlydraw here in the UK maybe expensive - have a look at the 3020 from HPC Laser UK. It is a bit more expensive but could save you money in the long term as it comes with Newlydraw and support and is safety tested (not saying the one on e bay isn't!).

I have one myself (and a larger 3060) in fact I may know one going second hand (not mine ;-) )

Best

Dave

Ok, do you know any more about the second hand one available?

Thanks

Will send you a private message ;-)

Dave

Ok thanks

The ebay listing says that is comes with LaserDRW, WinsealXP.
    To confirm, will these allow me to import vector files?

I don't know as I have not used/see them before!

Newlydraw imports jpg, bmp raster and DXF vector for sure.

Dave

Re: Cheap chinese laser - importing files

Yes, LaserDRW imports vector graphics, We use illustrator same size as the material being used, 300 dpi, make our design, save as a vector .EMF then import the .EMF into LaserDRW. Were still kinda figuring it out ourselves. The problem we are having is when we import into laserdrw the file is not the same size therefor needing to be resized in LaserDRW. ill post as soon as i figure out exact import size % is accurate.

Re: Cheap chinese laser - importing files

After you made file on coreldraw, direct output into laserwork or lasercut5.3 software by AI format. Or direcly output into laser machine software by DXF format, if you make file on Auto CAD。
    Web.:http://www.jncslaser.com/ Email: [email protected] Whatspp: +86-18254116182
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jncslaser Skype: consurelaser